Installing License Upgrade??

Official support for: energy-xt.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I finally received my license key & was told to copy it into my Energy XT folder,but I cannot get it to work....what am I doing wrong??!
I had the same problem when I was trying to insert the Lame code into Audacity years ago...I never figured out how to do that-that is,until someone gave me detailed step by step instructions.
This is what I need now...detailed step by step instructions...please help!

Thanks,

-Elwood [/b]

You need to save the attached massiva.key from the email to the energyXT installation folder. Do you know how to do that?

I am brand new to all this-so no,I don't know how to do this,as this is my first audio DAW & I've never had to deal with compact version of anything before.
So detailed,step by step instructions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-elwood
For Drakan:The Ancients Gates fans: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Em9XUSiE7f4

No offense, but if you can't do what Branis wrote, you are a retard.

Ok, I first need to ask you several of questions:
- Are you on Windows?
- Did you receive your license by email (I guess the answer is yes, I ask because I don't know how that works with the compact version) .
- What software do you use for emails?

If you just click copy on your email attachment then just paste it into the energy xt file which i'm guessing is in program files. It will ask you if you want to replace the one that is already there which is the behringer one. Nothing changes apart from when you open xt up in the top left hand corner it will now say your name instead of behringer compact edition, voila you are on the full version!

Branis,

I have Windows 7 & yes,I did receive the license key via e-mail.I usually run Mozilla Firefox and I have an AOL e-mail account.

Thanks,

-Elwood[/b]

I'm on yahoo mail i had to download the license key attachment cos its on their servers, i'm guessing its the same with aol. Anyway just download it then copy and paste as i described above!!

I'm not familiar with AOL, is it a web based email service, like gmail or hotmail?
Anyway you must have an option to save the attachment. Click on that and browse to the folder with energyXT and then click Save. That's all.

With MozillaFirefox,it gives you an option to either save it or open with,so I had made the mistake of just saving without a specific location.
I then chose open with,& I did as per instructed,but it's still not working...I'll have to keep tinkering with it,I guess.

-Elwood

I think Firefox is saving files to the Desktop by default. Check if you have a massiva.key file on your desktop. If it's there right-click on it and select cut, then browse to the energyXT folder, right-click inside of it, on empty space, and select paste.

It doesn't come as a massiva.key any more i think its more likely to be xt.lck

Yeah....it is a xt.lck

Just copy it, right click on the energy xt folder and paste, thats all there is to do. It'll ask you if you want to replace the existing one. Say yes. Thats it, all done. Just open xt and it wont say behringer compact edition anymore.

I did precisely what you asked,but it did not work,as Windows 7 cannot read the file.....I just recently bought this computer,so I'm guessing I need to download a program to open it,like Adobe,or something?

Return to “energyXT”