Now that TimeWarp 2600 is owned/distributed by SoniVox

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TimewARP 2600

thomaskyhn wrote:
AnalogGuy1 wrote:Beware about their tech support. I left a message asking some simple questions about TimeWarp (e.g. is it 64 bit? - I play live and for stability reasons do not want to jbridge anything). The message had four simple questions. A week later the emailed reply from their tech support department was: "Do you still want an answer?"

Funny enough, that reply really did answer my presales question after all.
At least you got a reply. I wrote Way Out Ware about a demo two weeks ago – before seeing this thread – and still haven't received a reply.
It would be more transparent if WOW would appear on this thread. I can't be sure if development has ceased.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

I know, right?

I declare it ceased until we hear otherwise… and will believe recommenced when I see it.

Got the Arturia for $15, if you breakdown the $200 bundle price.

Does anyone here actually know Jim to ask what's really going on?

Timewarp, indeed.
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

I've got a license (won from the charity auction). It works great with me and I'm using the 64bit version in Studio One without any problem.

The sound is great. I'm so happy to have this great synth :D It is indeed very different from Arturia ARP2600v (which I also have). I think it is more authentic than Arturia's one. It sounds more analog than some other analog emulation synths IMO. I can say it is in the same league as NI Monark.

The only problem I have for now is I can only install it in my desktop PC (so, only one machine). I have sent two emails to the support asking if I can install it in my laptop, but no answer (since the end of the auction!). I haven't emailed Simon Bangs though (who is a main manager in inMusic Brands). I hope its license will move into iLok protection in the future because hopefully I will be able to install it in two machines (like Air's instruments).

The manual is great and there is also another Patches pdf file which has many patches to learn (they are also presets already in the synth), so definitely I want to learn it well.

I don't know exactly how it worth paying for these days. But I believe I would pay for it about $100. Anyway, the GUI needs some enhancements especially the tiny fonts (almost the same with Arturia's ARP2600V).

Timewarp 2600 was the first Native softsynth to be considered in the same league as DSP based Creamware Scope synths. If its being discontinued it shouldn't be until after a substantial 2.0 update adding stepsequecner, GUI overhaul, VST3, Win 10, AAX etc.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

I'm using it with win 10. It has 2 vst versions 32bit and 64bit. It works fine with Studio one and Resper. I have no need for it to be VST3 really but it would be nice if there will be GUI update (still there is no showstopper for me ;) )

This thing has some BALLs. i Bought the STN ARP OUT for Nebula 3 Server,
it is amazing how it sounds. The only problem is that it is very unstable and
almost not compatible with anything. It is actually the scariest plugin, its
usually hit and miss when you try open it.
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

EnGee wrote: The only problem I have for now is I can only install it in my desktop PC (so, only one machine). I have sent two emails to the support asking if I can install it in my laptop, but no answer (since the end of the auction!). I haven't emailed Simon Bangs though (who is a main manager in inMusic Brands). I hope its license will move into iLok protection in the future because hopefully I will be able to install it in two machines (like Air's instruments).
Glad to hear your enjoying this you can install on up to three systems. Just authorize on the second machine and fill out the requested details. If you run into trouble let us know. This will move onto iLok with the next update.
Digital Team

inMusic Brands
AIR | Akai Professional | Alesis | ▲lto Professional | Denon DJ | Denon Professional | ION Audio | M-Audio | Marantz Professional | MixMeister | Numark | SONiVOX
Email. sbangs@inmusicbrands.com

For previous owners, will we be able to register the Plugin to our accounts, so we can find updates without having to email you? Thanks ...
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

sbangs_air wrote:
EnGee wrote: The only problem I have for now is I can only install it in my desktop PC (so, only one machine). I have sent two emails to the support asking if I can install it in my laptop, but no answer (since the end of the auction!). I haven't emailed Simon Bangs though (who is a main manager in inMusic Brands). I hope its license will move into iLok protection in the future because hopefully I will be able to install it in two machines (like Air's instruments).
Glad to hear your enjoying this you can install on up to three systems. Just authorize on the second machine and fill out the requested details. If you run into trouble let us know. This will move onto iLok with the next update.
Oh wow! Thank you so much Simon :D So glad to hear that :) Really great news as I want so much to use it in my laptop as well. I think I will wait for the update first :tu:

I wonder if it will ever have a demo so that people can try it before buying it.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:I wonder if it will ever have a demo so that people can try it before buying it.
I wrote WOW in the beginning of October enquiring about a demo; still haven't heard from them.

thomaskyhn wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:I wonder if it will ever have a demo so that people can try it before buying it.
I wrote WOW in the beginning of October enquiring about a demo; still haven't heard from them.
Yeah I don't think they respond at all to anything from what I've heard. Sonivox is supporting it now and they said there would be a demo last year, but of course they don't develop it, so they are at the mercy of the developer. So we don't really even know if there will ever be one.

BasariStudios wrote:This thing has some BALLs. i Bought the STN ARP OUT for Nebula 3 Server,
it is amazing how it sounds. The only problem is that it is very unstable and
almost not compatible with anything. It is actually the scariest plugin, its
usually hit and miss when you try open it.
When Jim said this thing emulates a real ARP he meant it. Instability and sound. You never know if the sound is going to blow the neighborhood or not. Don't even pray for your own safety. No one can save you.

2005 engine still going strong 10 years later.
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

And it does act like one. LOL. The ones who use Nebula 3. Try buying STN's
ARPre Preset and you will find out what me and Hunter are talking about.
http://signaltonoize.com/?page_id=4637
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

sbangs_air wrote:This will move onto iLok with the next update.
Hm, sounds good. One question - it will be compatible with older TW ilok license ? (for users who already have this in ilok).

Return to “Instruments”