Now that TimeWarp 2600 is owned/distributed by SoniVox

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TimewARP 2600

Does anyone who bought TimeWarp 2600 while it was still owned/distributed by M-Audio and WayOutWare, have any experience with trying to get it registered with Sonivox, in order to get the latest version?

I tried contacting customer support but the experience hasn't been to helpful so far.
A well-behaved signature.

I'm sure Simon can help you with this..
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... s#p6136073
I did get a life,once...but it was faulty, so I sent it back.

I got TimewARP 2600 since quite long time but when reinstalling my desktop PC i had problems with the authorization procedure.
When someone from Sonivox posted here at KVR, including his e-mail address. i received the new Windopws installer and the autorization worked fine.
Now the same updated installer also seems to be available at the official download at my Wayoutware account. The version for te windows plugin is v1.6 now.

A problem im see is tat the 64-bit VST2 plugin is installed to the same folder as the 32-bit and you have to move it manually.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Simon was very helpful in getting me the new version.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Are they still developing the synth, or is it just being maintained?
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

Still no demo?

Any news on Version 1.7 ?
I have problems with timewarp 1.6. If i save a Ableton set and open it again, timewarp doesen't play. I have to click the plugin editor, then timewarp starts, same in bitwig and NI Maschine, so it's not the DAW. I use Win 8.1
I have to view the plugin before i can hear any sound. Also the name of the preset doesn't show right, it prints the first preset

sacer wrote:Any news on Version 1.7 ?
I have problems with timewarp 1.6. If i save a Ableton set and open it again, timewarp doesen't play. I have to click the plugin editor, then timewarp starts, same in bitwig and NI Maschine, so it's not the DAW. I use Win 8.1
I have to view the plugin before i can hear any sound. Also the name of the preset doesn't show right, it prints the first preset
No problem with muted sound at re-loading a project here with v1.6 on Windows 7 64-bit and Live 9.2 64-bit.

I could confirm that the name of the default patch is displayed after re-loading the project BUT actually the parameters of the saved patch are used and not those of the default one so it plays the patch i saved with the project. Would be indeed nice if the correct name is displayed too.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Last year a demo version was supposed to be up in a "few weeks" or something. I asked a bunch of times and I don't think it ever happened. It doesn't seem like it's being maintained even though it's being sold and apparently there are versions that work on current systems. But it seems like people get confused by how to currently authorize it. They should really sort that product out.

I'd recommend 2600v over TimewARP 2600 any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Sounds better to me, has a better interface and isn't developed by someone who abandons their products to go make apps.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote:I'd recommend 2600v over TimewARP 2600 any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Sounds better to me, has a better interface and isn't developed by someone who abandons their products to go make apps.
While I haven't seen the Timwwarp interface on my PC itself, as a 2600v owner, i can't imagine Timewarp's interface being any worse. The GUI is so small it's almost impossible to program, as with almost all their synths except maybe the SEM and the Matrix 12. In fact, it is because o the 2600V's interface that I hardly ever use it. It's just too much trouble.

zerocrossing wrote:I'd recommend 2600v over TimewARP 2600 any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Sounds better to me,
One problem though, the Arturia version do not sound anything like the 2600 while the twARP totally does.
zerocrossing wrote:has a better interface and isn't developed by someone who abandons their products to go make apps.
Very much agree on that one.

steffensen wrote:
zerocrossing wrote:I'd recommend 2600v over TimewARP 2600 any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Sounds better to me,
One problem though, the Arturia version do not sound anything like the 2600 while the twARP totally does.
zerocrossing wrote:has a better interface and isn't developed by someone who abandons their products to go make apps.
Very much agree on that one.
Agreed on the second point but on the first - yeah the arturia one can not do the sounds that the timewarp can do. You can hear this in demos on youtube even. The timewarp has a sharpness like analog synths in the audio rate modulation, which is one area the arturia synths fall apart. I think the 2600v sounds nice in it's own right but it does not excel at the stuff that makes the 2600 so cool. And trust me, I'd love to believe the 2600v was as close, seeing as it's been sold for as little as 20 usd in the marketplace.

Ingonator wrote: A problem im see is tat the 64-bit VST2 plugin is installed to the same folder as the 32-bit and you have to move it manually.
Unbelievable! How hard is it in 2015 for developers to put sensible paths into an installer?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

zerocrossing wrote:I'd recommend 2600v over TimewARP 2600 any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Sounds better to me, has a better interface and isn't developed by someone who abandons their products to go make apps.
Timewarp was bold enough to post raw A/B files with the real 2600, always a sign of a serious emulation.

The good Arturia Synths are the SEM, and the Matrix 12. 2600V is one of the older ones.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Return to “Instruments”