SQ80 emulating VSTi available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

thoshu wrote:Nice one, but it's crackling all the time - does anyone experience this as well? Maybe it's just my pc.
no crackling here.
what a treasured find, thanks for the heads up!

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!

Ta for the heads up :D

Subz

This is cool!! Maybe I can stop sampling my SQ80 now. :D I knew some more of those Synth-DIY guys would enter the VSTi universe one day. AFAIK so far it's just been me and VAZ guy. :shrug:

No sputtering, works well, easy install. It doesn't sound exacally like a sq80/ESQ but it's close enough.

Thanks alot Convolve. It realy sounds great. One problem I downloaded the files on the page you suggested, but they wont load as a librery.The are .mdx files. Thankful for all help.

>>It doesn't sound exacally like a sq80/ESQ but it's close enough.

What's different? The filter?

mistertoast wrote:>>It doesn't sound exacally like a sq80/ESQ but it's close enough.

What's different? The filter?
Just like all hardware emulators it's seems a touch dull and lifeless in direct compairison. If it was in a mix I might not be able to tell one from the other.

I think it's got more to do with bandwidth than the filter but the filter even though it's very good, is not quite right. Not to quibble or anything it's still very nice work and I'll buy the full version if the price is reasonable.

IF there will be a full version. According to the linked page, this thing is out since 2000?! o_O
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Convolve wrote:While looking after spare parts for an old Ensoniq VFX I found this:shock:. A "light" version of a forthcoming SQ80 like VSTi.

Screenshot:

Please read the enclosed README.TXT file, there are some things to pay special attention. Especially the paths to the data files have to be set correctly in the registry. Please do not attempt to change your registry if you are not familar with it!
Thanks! :D

I'm not getting any sound out of it???? :( Never Mind I Got it Working, Sounds Awesome!!! 8) Thanks!!
Last edited by BFunKu on Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BFunKu wrote:I'm not getting any sound out of it???? :(
extract all files to a folder then run setup ;)

Subz

Compyfox wrote:IF there will be a full version. According to the linked page, this thing is out since 2000?! o_O
uh-oh :cry:

tomg wrote:
Compyfox wrote:IF there will be a full version. According to the linked page, this thing is out since 2000?! o_O
No, the VST is new. Compyfox misread the page.

how to import syxes and banks :((

tomg wrote:
Don't know where that comes from? This is from the readme:
+-=== SQ8Light VST (v0.8 alpha) ===================================-+

Programming, design & factory sounds by
Siegfried Kullmann
(C)opyright 2006
Mart.

TRIAC wrote:how to import syxes and banks :((
Download the patches from the suggested site

Rename MDX to SYX and import them from the synth's menu
-> File -> Import ESQ1/SQ80 Bank SysEx file ...

Return to “Instruments”