SQ80 emulating VSTi available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

While looking after spare parts for an old Ensoniq VFX I found this:shock:. A "light" version of a forthcoming SQ80 like VSTi.

Screenshot:

Please read the enclosed README.TXT file, there are some things to pay special attention. Especially the paths to the data files have to be set correctly in the registry. Please do not attempt to change your registry if you are not familar with it!

You can even import sysex-presets or whole banks 8)

Thank you for sharing! ;)

butchy.net is the best.
..what goes around comes around..

OOOOH!
Now it's definitely time to update my darn list once again. XD
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Nice. Just as my ESQ-1 is lost its memory, too.

oh my gosh.... this is amazing.... anyone know when the full version will be released

Convolve wrote: Please read the enclosed README.TXT file, there are some things to pay special attention. Especially the paths to the data files have to be set correctly in the registry. Please do not attempt to change your registry if you are not familar with it!

just to clarify:

it comes with an installer who usually should set this path correctly - in case it fails though the readme explains how to set it manually - no big deal

Thanks for posting this interesting find! :-D
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

it sounds fantastic and uses almost no cpu :-D
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

which files do i download for more presets???

Here are some patches in sysex format, you have to select the SQ80 in the selection box.

esq-1/sq-80 is one of my all time fav synths. But its the overloading of the 3 osc into the analog circuit path and the filter that give it it's sound.

I'd be amazed if this plug has the dirty niceness of the esq-1. I'll check it out later.

Holy crap! The SQ-80 remains my main synth. I'm gonna have to try this out...

Nifty... thanks for the heads up. Still a huge fan of the ESQ-1 as well. :)
Fugue State Audio - plugins, samples, etc.
Support the Union of Musicians and Allied Workers

Nice one, but it's crackling all the time - does anyone experience this as well? Maybe it's just my pc.

Return to “Instruments”