luna pr 8.4

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

/me yodels :hihi:

Me, I'd like resizable, hinted/anti-aliased fonts rather than bitmaps... But I guess the cross-platform toolkit would have to undergo major surgery for this..! (And impact CPU performance in the process.) For me, the fonts are no biggy.

pljones wrote:Me, I'd like resizable, hinted/anti-aliased fonts rather than bitmaps...
I would go along with this but for me the other main appearance issue is the fact that the fonts can be scaled to huge and tiny sizes depending on the line length. I just don't think this looks professional. Jo, if you don't want to drop this feature, would it be possible to put a limit on the text scaling, in either direction? Same goes for some of the elements in the GUI (eg. scrollbutton format and mute icon).

If it's going to eat more cpu time (as PLJones hinted at) I'm all against "proper" fonts, although, there might be an argument from computers getting faster.
Still, it'd be lost resources to the music in my opinion.

Marco :)

Cpu time is not the very issue.

(edit: i mean: it won't make big difference)

Important (to me) is: platform independency and easy to integrate into the MUTOOLS system.
Last edited by muzycian on Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Calum wrote:I would go along with this but for me the other main appearance issue is the fact that the fonts can be scaled to huge and tiny sizes depending on the line length. I just don't think this looks professional. Jo, if you don't want to drop this feature, would it be possible to put a limit on the text scaling, in either direction? Same goes for some of the elements in the GUI (eg. scrollbutton format and mute icon).
You're talking about the track names & mute icons, right?

About the scrollbars: do you want them smaller?

(I could make scrollbar size a preference)

muzycian wrote: You're talking about the track names & mute icons, right?
Yes, my preferance would be to keep the track, rack and propertypanel text size constant. I do like the mute icon changing size, depending on the zoom, but I don't like the way it can disappear at the extremes of zooming.
muzycian wrote: About the scrollbars: do you want them smaller?
No, the scroll bar size suits me, but like the mute icon, it is possible to make the scrollbars almost disappear when you zoom out too far. One solution may be to limit how far you can zoom in or out using the magnifying tool. This could also pssibly work for the track/rack/propertypanel text if you could set a limit as to how much the text point size could be reduced or enlarged.

i have a few requests...

can you put a way to release the sound driver so when i want to run another program, all the cpu isnt taken up?

also, is there a way to automatically shut off dsp processes when theyre not being used?

how about a way to mount multiple asio drivers?

thanks!

Calum wrote:
muzycian wrote: You're talking about the track names & mute icons, right?
Yes, my preferance would be to keep the track, rack and propertypanel text size constant. I do like the mute icon changing size, depending on the zoom, but I don't like the way it can disappear at the extremes of zooming.
Huh, the track mute icon doesn't disappear, unless you make the tracks too small.

Ah, maybe that's your point: put a limit how small tracks can be, say minimum 8 pixels or so.
muzycian wrote: About the scrollbars: do you want them smaller?
No, the scroll bar size suits me, but like the mute icon, it is possible to make the scrollbars almost disappear when you zoom out too far. One solution may be to limit how far you can zoom in or out using the magnifying tool.
I see.

Other possible solution: make the scrollbar handle have a minimum size.
This could also pssibly work for the track/rack/propertypanel text if you could set a limit as to how much the text point size could be reduced or enlarged.
Yes, i see what you mean regarding these texts...
I'll look into this.

Thanks for this feedback. These are important details!

> DiGiT < wrote:i have a few requests...

can you put a way to release the sound driver so when i want to run another program, all the cpu isnt taken up?
I could add a kind of "Sleep" mode.
also, is there a way to automatically shut off dsp processes when theyre not being used?
Please elaborate. Are you talking about unused plugins?
how about a way to mount multiple asio drivers?
The ASIO SDK doesn't allow this. Only 1 driver at a time.

yeah i mean unused plugins. if a plugin isnt being used, say when the sequencer is stopped, is there a way to just stop its process?

Yes, there is a way.

And that feature is on the WhishList :)

muzycian wrote:Yes, there is a way.

And that feature is on the WhishList :)
That would be great, as far as I understood this right. I remember when Logic got the feature that tracks (vst/vsti) don't consume CPU when the track doesn't feed any signal for processing, and that made a huge difference in terms of what arrangements where possible to build.

rgds,

grizzly

One other thought - check your modular window. The really old luna sessions which don't have synths in the racks load them into the modular space. If you're only looking at your racks you have no idea that the synths are eating up CPU in the modular space...

One other suggestion, Jo - make it a little more clear between 'Remove' a vst(i) versus 'Pull from rack.' It would be relatively easy for a newbie to pull a bunch of effects from the rack and not realize that they're still running in the modular space. And if I highlight a vst(i) and press the delete key, I'd like to make it go away...

Cheers,

-Oldguy

Hi Jo

I really miss some sort of audio audition in file folder browser. It's pain in the :-o to find loop only by its name. :cry:

Cheers
Alex

Return to “MUTOOLS”