Polyslax - Wayfinding

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

polyslax wrote:p.s. I want to write a track called soundless screams now. :)
Mission completed :D

P.S.: I PMed you !

Quite a lovely song.

drumity wrote:
polyslax wrote:p.s. I want to write a track called soundless screams now. :)
Mission completed :D

P.S.: I PMed you !
Ok, I see that, I'm on it!
Image Image

runagate wrote:Quite a lovely song.
I appreciate your appreciation.
Image Image

Liking this a great deal, just had it looping in the background & found myself slowly drawn into it.
Very 'reflective' piece, i've been sat here now for 15-20 minutes just stream of consciousness thinking about various things whilst your tune has looped in the background.
I was initially going to say that it is a somewhat sad tune, maybe melancholic, but i'm not so sure now.
Whatever.... really nice work.

Gorgeous!

An ever so lovely tune poly; I quite enjoyed the classical introduction.

diverdee wrote:Liking this a great deal, just had it looping in the background & found myself slowly drawn into it.
Very 'reflective' piece, i've been sat here now for 15-20 minutes just stream of consciousness thinking about various things whilst your tune has looped in the background.
I was initially going to say that it is a somewhat sad tune, maybe melancholic, but i'm not so sure now.
Whatever.... really nice work.
Thanks for that diverdee, always nice to hear from you! :)
Image Image

mayan wrote:Gorgeous!
Good lord, man, so nice to hear from you, thank you! As always, I'd love to hear some new mayan!
Image Image

mystahr wrote:An ever so lovely tune poly; I quite enjoyed the classical introduction.
You go in for that pretty stuff too, do you? :wink: Cheers!
Image Image

polyslax wrote:
mystahr wrote:An ever so lovely tune poly; I quite enjoyed the classical introduction.
You go in for that pretty stuff too, do you? :wink: Cheers!
An astute assumption; untill you hear the stuff I play on NTNS...

more lush organic yet synthetic sounds - I am always impressed. Something I have been thinking about your stuff is how well eq'd it is to create the overall sound - like that piano - how'd you do it? It sounds eq'd but the timbre fits so well with the overall piece. Much to learn from here. :)
..what goes around comes around..

ouroboros wrote:more lush organic yet synthetic sounds - I am always impressed. Something I have been thinking about your stuff is how well eq'd it is to create the overall sound - like that piano - how'd you do it? It sounds eq'd but the timbre fits so well with the overall piece. Much to learn from here. :)
Thanks ouroboros!

I don't do anything fancy with eq, but I do have one on each track, and I virtually never boost with it, just cut. Specifically, the piano is comprised of 4 tracks, roughly corresponding to different parts of the keyboard. I simply cut some highs off the more bassy part, some lows off the upper register, etc. I scooped some low mids off all of them as it seemed a little hot there. Other things I pay attention to are the up-front sound design to avoid major frequency clashes and, of course, the levels. I occasionally have an eq on the master channel for overall sound shaping, but not often.
Image Image

Hey polyslax...soon come, mon. Promise!

Very, very nice! It's been too long since I heard new stuff from you, but this was a great place to come back in. Really love the mix of sounds & overall flow.
Fugue State Audio - plugins, samples, etc.
Support the Union of Musicians and Allied Workers

Return to “Music Cafe”