3.0 v2 BETA is out !

Official support for: energy-xt.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ZonderP wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:Is there a list of those 32 sampled instruments in the full version? Just curious what they are and how good they are :)
In current beta those sampled instruments (in reality it's 36 of them) sound horrible/completely distorted! There is a bug in the synthesizer in those 3.0 beta versions (even in SingleCore mode).
Otherwise most of them sound nice, but usually I guess they should just enable a quick start if new to energyXT. The piano surely is not sampled from a real piano but from a synthesized sound.
You may be able to see the list of instruments here:
http://members.aon.at/brauninger/Downlo ... uments.png
Oh my, that doesn't sound very promising :) Never mind, I have my eye on the Air Xpand thingy now, that must be orders better judging from your statements :) I am only interested in very authentic-sounding instrument samples...

fluffy_little_something wrote:Oh, I see. I don't have that 2.7 version, no wonder I don't know what you are talking about :hihi:
If you're interested in XT2 (and were not only curious about the sound library):
Just download free demo of energyXT2.7 from here
http://www.energy-xt.com/index.php?id=0201
and install it.
Then - if you want check out v3 beta - just copy 'energyXT.exe' from the downloaded update zip file into the installation folder.

Finally had some time for that, downloaded 2.7 and then copied the beta into the directory. That worked :)

There is quite some distortion and it doesn't seem to have to do with the output of my synth judging from the meters.
Short-cuts inside my synth don't work, either.

I guess I will stick with my old DAW for the time being...

Where is this beta?

hmm, hope the last min left out "drag n drop samples to plugins from the browser" still in the plans..

First impression, i was disappointed that with multi-core enabled; multi-out plugins like Linplug RMiV still sound distorted with an insert effect VST installed on 2nd stereo output. but i changed the buffer from the default 2048 value to 1024 in the EXT2 audio setup and voila!!!! it sounds clean as a whistle! I just caught word of this new version release today after being offline for personal resons and i am as thrilled as can be about it. i am going to do some further heavy duty testing on it and report any bugs i find here.
thank you so much Jorgen, i knew you wouldn't leave us loyal to the end XT users hanging!!!!

EDIT:

and five minutes later, it looks like audio begins to distort on the multi-outs just like before.
HELP, Jorgen!!!!!!
Last edited by layzer on Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

fluffy_little_something wrote:Finally had some time for that, downloaded 2.7 and then copied the beta into the directory. That worked :)

There is quite some distortion and it doesn't seem to have to do with the output of my synth judging from the meters.
Short-cuts inside my synth don't work, either.

I guess I will stick with my old DAW for the time being...
fluffy, try changing the audio buffer from the default 2048 to 1024 in the audio setup. that removed the distortion for me!

EDIT:nevermind fluff, i thought he had the distortion thing licked. ahhhh well, back to 2.7F again! :cry: :cry:

No 64 bit jet still:(

classic wrote:No 64 bit jet still:(
64bit for a DAW that is only a hair over a megabyte in size is a tad overkill don't you think?
i mean, EXT2 is not the best Daw for doing alot of huge multi track samples and
bloated samplers like kontact, omnisphere and the like. I love EXT2 for its great
piano roll midi editor and modular design. in such a tiny footprint. F' 64bit.

How are you running 64 bit VSTs ?
Duh

bungle wrote:How are you running 64 bit VSTs ?
Maybe with some bridge - but what for?
I've not yet seen a VST plugin which comes in 64 bit only.
And really only very few VST plugins can and do profit from 64 bit, in fact all 64 bit plugins need more memory just because of the 64 bit architecture.

Return to “energyXT”