Tone2 Electra v2.5

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

zerocrossing wrote:I'm not too excited. The last update of Gladiator that promised enhanced audio quality, ended up making the UI nearly useless on my fairly quick machine. Tone2's response? Get a better video card. If it was a problem with a lot of software, I'd say, "OK," but theirs is the one plug in that displays this issue. I can't imagine why their software would be so hard to render. It's not like it's doing anything interesting like showing real time waveforms, which plug ins like Bazille do and still seem to maintain usability. I found a work-around, I can get it to respond to my Novation Remote 25SL, but still. I love the sound of Tone2 products, but man, sometimes they bug the hell out of me.
What a shame. The alleged improvement to the sound quality reignited my love for this synth. In many ways there's nothing like it. Are you Cubase?

LOL the way you guys are bashing Tone2! I actually like the vst

ProducerHookUp wrote:LOL the way you guys are bashing Tone2! I actually like the vst
Somebody needs to come up with a term describing this kind of user that spams these kinds of posts.. I mean, we do have "sockpuppet" when it's certain it's the developer or somebody affiliated with the company.

But I'm seeing more and more of these ignorant posts all over the web where a user that is not suffering from any problems or is just too ignorant to know any better post something like this. Doesn't matter what context it is.. games, cars, software etc. The same general un-useful "lol it works fine for me! You guys suck!" post is used.

Post usefulness is always pretty much at zero. I would assume a fairly large percentage of these go under the "shitposting" moniker but some are clearly serious.

Any ideas for a good alias for these?
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

They've got five posts - link in sig now active. Mission accomplished.

You probably won't see them around again.
Last edited by Gamma-UT on Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

:lol: :dog:

Gamma-UT wrote:They've got five posts - link in sig now active. Mission accomplished.

Yes I know.. but this kind of post content has been creeping up from regular people too.

It's almost as common as other kinds of trolling/ignorance/confusion. Is it just me? I'm seeing this as a kind of trend. I was tempted to post about this about a year ago already but now stumble upon these kinds of posts several times a day.

It's very common in the "Free plugin" threads.. where people get a "gift" but find major issues with the software. Then somebody joins the thread and goes: "Stupid complaining people.. it is a FREE GIFT! Don't complain".

That kind of logic just doesn't make sense to me, yet these kinds of posts are more common than ever before. Especially if somebody made a really indepth post detailing the issues and asking genuinely for help.. then get this weird treatment.

So instead of always replying to them properly with plenty of time wasted it'd be rather convenient to have a single word that describes them. Fan-boy just doesn't cut it in these cases.

bmanic wrote:
Gamma-UT wrote:They've got five posts - link in sig now active. Mission accomplished.

Yes I know.. but this kind of post content has been creeping up from regular people too.

It's almost as common as other kinds of trolling/ignorance/confusion. Is it just me?
Nono, you're right. Although i'm not sure if it really is a new trend. I've seen this earlier too.

Indeed.. it just seems to be a lot more common now.

zerocrossing wrote:I'm not too excited. The last update of Gladiator that promised enhanced audio quality, ended up making the UI nearly useless on my fairly quick machine. Tone2's response? Get a better video card. If it was a problem with a lot of software, I'd say, "OK," but theirs is the one plug in that displays this issue. I can't imagine why their software would be so hard to render. It's not like it's doing anything interesting like showing real time waveforms, which plug ins like Bazille do and still seem to maintain usability. I found a work-around, I can get it to respond to my Novation Remote 25SL, but still. I love the sound of Tone2 products, but man, sometimes they bug the hell out of me.
I thought they'd addressed that in the forum, no? I wasn't able to reproduce it, but I remember commenting on it to Markus.

Out of curiosity, what's your OS and video card, and did this issue occur in the standalone version, too? (I'm not trying to drag you back into attempting to resolve the issue; I'm just trying to see if maybe someone missed something the first time. I've spend the last 20 years doing tech support, and I hate leaving issues unresolved.:wink:)

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Also really happy with this update. I suppose it's difficult to say without doing a direct comparison, but it does sound better, particularly the hypersaw algorithms which were OK before are now excellent.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Where is the update? The site says the version is 2.1
Fernando (FMR)

Owner of the FB site of Audioterm

Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:
Thanks a lot :tu:
my pleasure :)
Owner of the FB site of Audioterm

Electra2 doesn't have stereo supersaws does it?

Return to “Instruments”