Which software/plugins did Ventura break for you?

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

sQeetz wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 12:46 pm Just for the record, just updated to 13.4 and still nothing is broken.... shit.
Am I updating properly? Am I doing something wrong? :help: :? :lol:
Couldn't even get the TV dongle thing from Apple to break while updating.... neither the phone!!! need help

On a more serious note: might be because I never had an Intel Mac? I jumped onboard with the earliest M1 MacBook and never had a problem when updating.... Maybe they were prone to glitches after updates? I don't know
No, same experience than you... And I have about 100 plugins...

Maybe, when people talk about updates not working out, they mean the experience from the transition from one technology to another? Like from Power PC to Intel then from Intel to their own stuff...?
I'm inclined to believe, that since they are designing their own chips now, such a shift is not going to happen anytime soon, if ever
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Bitwig Studio 5.2……Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

sQeetz wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 2:46 pm Maybe, when people talk about updates not working out, they mean the experience from the transition from one technology to another? Like from Power PC to Intel then from Intel to their own stuff...?
I'm inclined to believe, that since they are designing their own chips now, such a shift is not going to happen anytime soon, if ever
Well it has been discussed at length already but they clearly won't change anymore before a while (quantum computing). Moving from x86 to ARM was the thing to do and Microsoft had the idea before Apple with Windows RT/8. The famous Wintel alliance is dying as Microsoft is upset at Intel and AMD not able to counter Apple-Silicon. They are trying to make it themselves...
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/micro ... -12-report#
So the next to switch will be MS, not apple.

Is Exponential Audio/Izotope R4 working the same in Ventura as in Monterey?
Every day takes figuring out all over again how to f#ckin’ live.

Jac459 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 3:20 pm
Well it has been discussed at length already but they clearly won't change anymore before a while (quantum computing). Moving from x86 to ARM was the thing to do and Microsoft had the idea before Apple with Windows RT/8. The famous Wintel alliance is dying as Microsoft is upset at Intel and AMD not able to counter Apple-Silicon. They are trying to make it themselves...
I actually had a Surface RT ... AND a Surface RT 2
I believed, but was disappointed.
Apple delivered so...
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Bitwig Studio 5.2……Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

sQeetz wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 8:32 pm
Jac459 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 3:20 pm
I actually had a Surface RT ... AND a Surface RT 2
I believed, but was disappointed.
Apple delivered so...
I also had an RT ans RT 2.... I think we were all disappointed because this was super sexy devices...

Apple took the matter there own way and it worked very well for them.
Microsoft should certainly do the same...

That being said, I have partially migrated to apple ecosystem due to apple silicon and I am very much not impressed by the software part... I don't use ios but I use macos and ipados. There is a lot of bugs. I was thinking that apple quality was higher, it isn't my experience. I feel high-end windows and android are more polished, less buggy.

Well over 300 VST3 & AU plugins that currently all work under macOS 13.5. I guess now it's wait 'n see what Sonoma 14.0 doesn't break.
On a number of Macs

Nothing, actually

tbh I find the Mac=broken stuff thing overstated. Yes obviously switching to a new chipset meant radical changes but they were worth it given how amazing my M1Max is now. Generally I don't update as soon as a new OS version comes out though, I wait at least 6 months, tbh if you do want to update super early then you should accept the potential risk. Up until the switch to Apple Silicon I was getting away with still maintaining plugins like NI Kore 2 that were defunct ages ago and they worked mostly OK. Back when I was on Win stuff got broken due to things like changing graphics card or driver updates etc so I think both systems have their strengths and weaknesses.

The reason rack plug in (intrument & effect) broke after upgrading to Ventura ,work around was to right click on live and run in the previous OS (rossera/ rozzala 😂😂??)

Worked ok ever since
live 11 / Arturia collection / many Softube plug ins / thats it

damoog wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:54 am The reason rack plug in (intrument & effect) broke after upgrading to Ventura ,work around was to right click on live and run in the previous OS (rossera/ rozzala 😂😂??)
"Rosetta" is not a MacOs version. If your current OS version is Ventura, then the previous one was Monterey or Big Sur.

Rosetta is a piece of software to make apps written for Intel CPUs work with Apple Silicon (M1/M2) CPUs. It does so by translating x86 instructions to ARM64 instructions which M1/M2 chips understand. It is named after the Rosetta Stone which was instrumental in deciphering Egyptian hieroglyphs.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

And it's effects are variable on my M1 mini.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

damoog wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:54 am The reason rack plug in (intrument & effect) broke after upgrading to Ventura ,work around was to right click on live and run in the previous OS (rossera/ rozzala 😂😂??)

Worked ok ever since
That's not normal. I use RRP a lot and it works without any issue in Ventura without doing anything

BertKoor wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:41 am
"Rosetta" is not a MacOs version. If your current OS version is Ventura, then the previous one was Monterey or Big Sur.

Rosetta is a piece of software to make apps written for Intel CPUs work with Apple Silicon (M1/M2) CPUs. It does so by translating x86 instructions to ARM64 instructions which M1/M2 chips understand. It is named after the Rosetta Stone which was instrumental in deciphering Egyptian hieroglyphs.
Indeed but RRP run on native apple silicon since a while already.... and perfectly on Ventura.

Upgrading (comes with a price) might solve it indeed. damoog needs to specify what version he had issues with, of both Reason and Ableton Live.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Jac459 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:28 pm Indeed but RRP run on native apple silicon since a while already.... and perfectly on Ventura.
I'm confused with the various Reason iterations. I thought the Rack plugin was phased out and that therefore one had to use an older version... did I make that up? Am I right in thinking that only Reason 12 has apple silicon native compatibility? And it that's the case then there must be a Rack plugin still for Reason 12?
Every day takes figuring out all over again how to f#ckin’ live.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”