Which software/plugins did Ventura break for you?

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Greetings,

I'm still on Big Sur and am considering upgrading to Ventura. I normally wait until my OS is no longer supported before upgrading, but I kind of want to do it early as supposedly a few of the bugs that I'm experiencing are addressed with it.

However, I know that some people experienced breaks in compatibility with their software. I also know that Sweetwater has a compatibility chart by OS, but most of the plugins I use aren't on it. So, I'm wondering anyone can give me some real world examples of stuff that broke for them in Ventura. If it's something that's critical for me I'll try to live with the bugs. Thanks!

Simply, none.

I hope you can check my plugin list in my KVR (60+) but main entries are: pigments, phase plant, Hive 2, Serum, RRP, all rob papen, fabfilter, isotope, and a lot more. No issue.

Until yesterday I had a 2016-model MacBookPro for work. Had to exchange it for a M2 because Ventura won't run on it anymore, and anything else than Ventura wasn't deemed "secure" enough because of some vulnerabilities.

I know, hardware is not what you asked, but it's worth to be aware and check.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

BertKoor wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:32 am Until yesterday I had a 2016-model MacBookPro for work. Had to exchange it for a M2 because Ventura won't run on it anymore, and anything else than Ventura wasn't deemed "secure" enough because of some vulnerabilities.

I know, hardware is not what you asked, but it's worth to be aware and check.
Yeah I don't like at all how they handle security here. They have uber strong restriction and you need to "Ctrl+Open" and respond yes to a disclaimer in order to be authorised.
So basically to me it is like they pushed to the user the responsibility on the security...

Anyway, it is annoying but it doesn't "break", you just have to answer to the prompt no ?

Why don't you just go to Monterey? That's what I did. I always wait now, but Big Sur started to feel slow. Monterey is very fast, and all my plugins work.
Just my 2 Pfennigs.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

masterhiggins wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:33 am I'm wondering anyone can give me some real world examples of stuff that broke for them in Ventura. If it's something that's critical for me I'll try to live with the bugs. Thanks!
I did not notice anything audio breaking under Ventura.

Regarding security, Apple does not provide all fixes from the newest OS to older OSes anymore, even when they do release a patch for that older release. Max security requires the newest OS.

Bombadil wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:08 am Why don't you just go to Monterey? That's what I did. I always wait now, but Big Sur started to feel slow. Monterey is very fast, and all my plugins work.
Just my 2 Pfennigs.
Yeah, I actually meant to type Monterey in the title, but I don’t keep a close eye on OS releases and I thought Monterey came after Ventura. I just decided to leave it in the title. I hardly ever get the latest OS, waiting one version behind just in case something gets royally f’d.

I’ll update to Monterey. I’m glad to hear it’s faster than Big Sur. I hate it when OSes get more bloaty. Thanks.

This message came in an email on March 31st., regarding Cherry Audio's Voltage Modular and the latest update of Ventura to 13.3:

"Presently, macOS 13.3 will break Voltage Modular in Logic while running natively on Apple Silicon (M1 or M2). More specifically, the plug-in can't load nor re-validate in the Plug-In Manager; it will cause the rescan to crash.

For that reason, we don't recommend updating to macOS 13.3 at this time.

If you have updated to 13.3 and need to run the Voltage Modular AU in Logic, it will work using Rosetta."
On a number of Macs

Weasel-Boy wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:14 pm This message came in an email on March 31st., regarding Cherry Audio's Voltage Modular and the latest update of Ventura to 13.3:

"Presently, macOS 13.3 will break Voltage Modular in Logic while running natively on Apple Silicon (M1 or M2). More specifically, the plug-in can't load nor re-validate in the Plug-In Manager; it will cause the rescan to crash.

For that reason, we don't recommend updating to macOS 13.3 at this time.

If you have updated to 13.3 and need to run the Voltage Modular AU in Logic, it will work using Rosetta."
I find it absurde to stop an OS upgrade because one plugin will be in rosetta (meaning will lose maybe 5% efficiency).

You expose yourself to security issues for basically no reason... (Except if you are not connected to internet of course).

If your computer get hacked because not on the latest security stack, will cherry audio reimburse the damage and tell you it is their fault?

Plugin Alliance. They load, work more reliably in Pro Tools 2023.3 but crash often in Logic. Almost instantly in multi-mono.

ReVoice/Vocalign work fine but require Rosetta for ARA work.

No other issues on the 1170 other plug-ins in the last two months.

Roland Cloud Legacy Synths were fixed a week or so ago.

Nothing

I'm one of those idiots who immediately updates when an update is available. Never had any issue so far... I don't know what I'm doing wrong.. :hihi: :clown:
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Bitwig Studio 5.2……Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

sQeetz wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 10:00 am I'm one of those idiots who immediately updates when an update is available. Never had any issue so far... I don't know what I'm doing wrong.. :hihi: :clown:
God you are such an idiot...

Knowing stupid people like you exist makes me confortable.

Especially as I am doing exactly like you haha...

Just for the record, just updated to 13.4 and still nothing is broken.... shit.
Am I updating properly? Am I doing something wrong? :help: :? :lol:
Couldn't even get the TV dongle thing from Apple to break while updating.... neither the phone!!! need help

On a more serious note: might be because I never had an Intel Mac? I jumped onboard with the earliest M1 MacBook and never had a problem when updating.... Maybe they were prone to glitches after updates? I don't know
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Bitwig Studio 5.2……Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

I'm also updating when available and have no breakage that I noticed.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”