Let‘s speculate about 5.2

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

foosnark wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:01 pm
nowiamone wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:38 pm Well the most sad thing would be "10 new synth toys to play with in the grid, 2 new Filters"...
Personally I'd really appreciate 10 new things to play with in the Grid (*) and a couple of new filters, and have no use for non-Grid related sequencing stuff.

No matter what new features the next update brings, people will complaint that THEIR "must-have" feature wasn't implemented (or wasn't implemented the way they wanted it). That's just how this game works :shrug:

(*) especially if one of them is hosting plugins in the grid, and another one is sub-grids we can save in a preset library.
Yup, that's how the game works, everyone has his/her special wishes. You wish for grid-stuff, i mostly for QoL features. Not to say i wouldn't be happy to see a Sampler with proper slicing abilities for live performance and Live-Audio-In for the Sampler in the Grid, also.
I built a Looper for Bitwig! :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z5ywDo2bU0

I wonder if it will be influenced by the new features in Live 12 at all? Search browser by similar sound, global scale, better midi editing etc...
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I will always use a full-fledged sample browser application like Sononym for similarity search, regardless of how well a DAW integrates such features. Because it has so much more to offer.

SLiC wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:21 pm I wonder if it will be influenced by the new features in Live 12 at all? Search browser by similar sound, global scale, better midi editing etc...
I think they will update the browser soon because so many users don't like the new one. maybe they add some customization tools and some a.i similarly search.

SLiC wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:21 pm I wonder if it will be influenced by the new features in Live 12 at all? Search browser by similar sound, global scale, better midi editing etc...
I kinda imagine that they had their own roadmap for 5.2 decided before Live 12 was even announced.

Looked into my crystal ball, and it clearly envisioned these upcoming features:

- midi comping
- midi always on recording
- custom interfaces for grid setups
- vst undo
- step recording in the pianoroll, including fancy erase and skip function
- midi delay setting per track and clip (also negative)
- inplace pianoroll, also highly improved gui rendering speed
- scripting now can also create custom guis, custom shortcuts, it also can manipulate midi data
- there now is a shortcut to increase and decrease quantization
- quantization now is always shown in the bottom status bar on the right
- Bitwig now supports the system device (no more loosing audio device settings, if you move your mobile)
- master spectrum analyzer now can be integrated in the gui sections, without being a popup window.
- you can now edit two pianorolls side-by-side (without z-layering)
- ARA2 support was added

Groove Pool and a kick ass Sequencer obviously. :hihi:

I have a feeling I'm going to be saying this for years but I don't need or want anything else.
-JH

Yeah, we have a Grid-based synth (Polymer), two Grid-based FX (Filter+/Sweep) and still no Grid-based sequencer.

Maybe its step sequencer time in the piano roll?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

hoping for (in priority)
1) better sampler (stretching options, crop sample, and slicing (haha coming from ableton really miss sampler)
2) native pitch tuner or ara2 support
Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/c/musicdiedwithdad
DAW : Bitwig, Ableton, Studio One
VST : yes

Oh yes, a good sequencer is long overdue. But it really has to be very good because there are already many excellent external alternatives. A hybrid of Riffer and Stepic :clown:

With version 5 they updated the Browser.
With version 5.1 they updated the Mixer.
With version 5.2 they update the Sequencer?🤔

Zikax wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:06 pm With version 5 they updated the Browser.
Probably update the Browser again, third times the charm!

enCiphered wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:51 pm Oh yes, a good sequencer is long overdue. But it really has to be very good because there are already many excellent external alternatives. A hybrid of Riffer and Stepic :clown:
If/when they add a sequencer, I hope it uses the same paradigm as Logic's Step Sequencer (similar like Studio One too) in that it is part of the piano roll and is represented as a clip. This is such a fundamentally better workflow than 3rd party sequencers like Stepic which aren't integrated and have their own independent timeline.

Zikax wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:06 pm With version 5 they updated the Browser.
Really, that's what you remember from v5 and v5.1 ? :D

Return to “Bitwig”