Waveform 13 coming

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A word of caution if you open WF 12. It messed up my color scheme in WF 13. Also be aware that now it's possible to start recording without having a track armed. In 12 it would warn you that no track was armed.

That caught me out as I had forgotten to arm the track and thought I was recording and wasn't. :dog:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

jens wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:23 pm
operandx wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:43 pm Then multi select all unpacked takes and from Properties panel choose Pack clips to takes.
There seems to be a severe bug:

whenever I chose the option "remove original clips", the takes in the resulting comp-clip are empty (i.e. everything is completely gone then)
Hmm. Just tried and it worked fine. Wonder what's happening your end
'He craved immortality so much, he was prepared to die for it.'

strange - I'll experiment some more...

edit: I had been putting them all in a folder, that's what causes the bug
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Hi guys, There has been some helpful information in here so I was wondering if anyone else has an idea how I can fix this. BTW this is an issue I also had with version 12 so this isn't unique to version 13.
1. I record a vocal and the project temp is 100 BMP.
2. I click on the Audio clip properties and change time stretch algorithm to Melodyne.
3. I click on the melodyne icon on the audio I recorded to open up the UI and do any needed edits.
4. The playback on the vocal is off time

Now I can fix this by going up to the melodyne tempo bar , choosing "Apply constant tempo" and change the tempo to 100 bpm so it matches Waveforms project tempo. This corrects the tempo and all is good.

I guess I feel like Melodyne should automatically be using Waveform's project tempo like it does in other ARA compabitble DAW's like Studio One, Reaper, Mixcraft etc. Having to manually set it in Melodyne each time seems counter productive. Is there something I'm missing or a setting that needs to be changed? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Windows 10 PC. Reason. Cubase. Waveform. Reaper. Studio One Pro. Epiphone Les Paul Pro II. Nektar Panorama t4. Yamaha RBX Bass. Faderport 2. Eris E5 Monitors. SSL2 Interface. Audient Evo 4. AKG C214. Aston Origin. MXL 990.

jens wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:29 pm strange - I'll experiment some more...

Just tried in a folder and it still worked fine. Something else?

Can someone check this please? Insert a new Midi Clip, go to the Midi Editor and see if it's possible to set Length to 1/4 Beat or any of the fractional settings up to 1/96.

It's working intermittently here on two systems. I called up 12 and it is easily done there as I remember it being in the past.

It's possible to select any of the non-fractional settings from 1 beat to 12 Beats.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

operandx wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:36 pm

Dang! Let me look further into it
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Teksonik wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:38 pm Can someone check this please? Insert a new Midi Clip, go to the Midi Editor and see if it's possible to set Length to 1/4 Beat or any of the fractional settings up to 1/96.

It's working intermittently here on two systems. I called up 12 and it is easily done there as I remember it being in the past.

It's possible to select any of the non-fractional settings from 1 beat to 12 Beats.
Looks like a bug. Deffo not there in 12,

jjpscott01 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:33 pm Hi guys, There has been some helpful information in here so I was wondering if anyone else has an idea how I can fix this. BTW this is an issue I also had with version 12 so this isn't unique to version 13.
2. I click on the Audio clip properties and change time stretch algorithm to Melodyne.
3. I click on the melodyne icon on the audio I recorded to open up the UI and do any needed edits.

Now I can fix this by going up to the melodyne tempo bar , choosing "Apply constant tempo" and change the tempo to 100 bpm so it matches Waveforms project tempo. This corrects the tempo and all is good.

I guess I feel like Melodyne should automatically be using Waveform's project tempo like it does in other ARA compabitble DAW's like Studio One, Reaper, Mixcraft etc. Having to manually set it in Melodyne each time seems counter productive. Is there something I'm missing or a setting that needs to be changed? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
hm... I would have to try / have a look at this - but just a question beforehand:

Why do you use Melodyne in the first place? Elastique Pro is as good as it gets basically.

jens wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:42 pm
operandx wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:36 pm

Dang! Let me look further into it
Crap! Now I can't replicate it myself anymore. :help:

operandx wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:47 pm
Teksonik wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:38 pm Can someone check this please? Insert a new Midi Clip, go to the Midi Editor and see if it's possible to set Length to 1/4 Beat or any of the fractional settings up to 1/96.
Looks like a bug. Deffo not there in 12,
Thanks for checking. Yes I can reproduce it on both systems. I can mouse in a note and change it to the length I want such as 1/4 and the length display will change but it's still not possible to change it manually to any of the fractional options.

This one I will report to support. I'm about done for today but will put together a bug report and send it off tomorrow morning.

jens wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:51 pm Why do you use Melodyne in the first place? Elastique Pro is as good as it gets basically.
Scratch that - I completely forgot that this seems to be the only way to invoke ARA is Waveform...

so then I guess my next question is: where's Spectralayers? :help:

No Spectralayers it seems, so apparently Tracktion isn't really fully ARA compatible right now.

jjpscott01 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:33 pm Hi guys, There has been some helpful information in here so I was wondering if anyone else has an idea how I can fix this. BTW this is an issue I also had with version 12 so this isn't unique to version 13.
hm... I can't replicate this - but here Tracktion is still doing the weirdest stuff with Melodyne's GUI - it's really quite buggy

By the way (something else entirely):

I have to say that the "Quick Actions Window" is quite something. I have a touchscreen that I don't normally use/need (well, not for music-making at least), but this is making me - it's brilliant - I can open it with one finger-press and then I can super easily access certain functions with another one via big shiny buttons that are completely out of my way otherwise. I totally love that! :hail:

Return to “Tracktion”