Waveform 13 coming

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Now this is wonderful: I just realized that - using the maximized track-editor - I can comp more easily using my fingers on the touchscreen than using the touchpad (or a mouse, for that matter). It looks and feels totally smooth.
(A slight niggle is that I haven't found a way yet to zoom in/out using the touchscreen and whenever I make a comping-change there's a short but quite disctracting gap in the playback.)
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

FigBug wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:32 pm
bungle wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:08 pm Wavetable is available for free and I still wouldn't use it, I have better options already.
The Waveform version is quite different from the free version. Phase randomization controls, 2 filters, multi-stage envelope generators, more fx (eq, compressor, limiter, reverb), different wavetables, different presets, arp, macros.
Aaaah OK, I will have to give that an extra try, thanks for the info.
Duh

In Waveform 13 minimal MacOS version is now 10.15?
If so - i'm so sad, my mac is old, i can't upgrade.

pogile wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:22 pm In Waveform 13 minimal MacOS version is now 10.15?
I think it'll work on as far back as 10.13, but it's getting harder to test on the old versions so official supported version is 10.15

jens wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:26 pm No Spectralayers it seems, so apparently Tracktion isn't really fully ARA compatible right now.
As far as I know Tracktion only supports ARA v1 (which is outdated by several years), all modern ARA plugins are ARA v2, but Tracktion never cared to implement it...

I discovered today that we can make a custom Midi Note color so I have dialed in a complete theme that is 100% comfortable and pleasing to my eyes. I can look at it for hours on end without fatigue. :tu:

I've been working on practicing my keyboard lead playing today. The following would not be possible in FL Studio as it simply couldn't handle it and copying the Pitch Bend and Aftertouch data to different layers would have been a horrendous task. In Waveform it's simply a matter of click and drag.

The more I use WF the more it fits like a glove and the more I love it....... :hug:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RQgvR7 ... sp=sharing
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Robin Lobel wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:54 pm
jens wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:26 pm No Spectralayers it seems, so apparently Tracktion isn't really fully ARA compatible right now.
As far as I know Tracktion only supports ARA v1 (which is outdated by several years), all modern ARA plugins are ARA v2, but Tracktion never cared to implement it...
Ah, I see - that makes sense - a shame though!

(Being used to working with ARA in Samplitude, I'm spoilt rotten.)
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

:tu:

Did you wear a cape while recording that? :-D

FigBug, took the time to test version 13. faced with old sores again.
When the sample is changed in tempo and/or pitch, I can't apply the start/stop tape effect, I don't have fades of the effect. Micro sampler now saves its presets by specifying in the preset parameters as "Micro drum sampler", this is original, I agree :lol:

Code: Select all

name="Voice - Garland" tags="Sampler|Voice" type="plugin" subtype="Micro Drum Sampler">
In general, the program began to behave noticeably more lively, everything was fine with me in the demo, except, probably, the launcher, I don't need it if I correctly understood what it was for. therefore, I sincerely hope that the free version of the program will be without it and, accordingly, without playback pauses.

I shake your hand firmly for the tag option and resetting the tail between renderings, it's almost utopia!!! :tu: I really hope that the non-starting fader is exactly what I was thinking about.

Overall, I am really grateful for the work done, thank you very much!
цвет волшебства

FigBug wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:51 pm
pogile wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:22 pm In Waveform 13 minimal MacOS version is now 10.15?
I think it'll work on as far back as 10.13, but it's getting harder to test on the old versions so official supported version is 10.15
Oh! That's nice, thank you!

bungle wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:08 pm Wavetable is available for free and I still wouldn't use it, I have better options already.
The Waveform version is quite different from the free version. Phase randomization controls, 2 filters, multi-stage envelope generators, more fx (eq, compressor, limiter, reverb), different wavetables, different presets, arp, macros.
Please, where can I find those? Phase randomization controls, 2 filters, multi-stage envelope generators, more fx? Thanx
Waveform 12 Pro, Cubase Pro 13, Windows 11, i7-13700H

UnionS8 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:56 am
Please, where can I find those? Phase randomization controls, 2 filters, multi-stage envelope generators, more fx? Thanx
Are you looking at the right version, the one in Waveform->Instruments on the Plugin list
'He craved immortality so much, he was prepared to die for it.'

operandx wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:09 am
Are you looking at the right version, the one in Waveform->Instruments on the Plugin list
I'm demoying W13 Pro. That was the first place I looked at. I double checked, I'm using the Pro feature set. I have the Clip launcher available, Wavetable Synth, DAW essentials downloaded, But it's not there.

UnionS8 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:20 am
I'm demoying W13 Pro. That was the first place I looked at. I double checked, I'm using the Pro feature set. I have the Clip launcher available, Wavetable Synth, DAW essentials downloaded, But it's not there.
Those features Figbug mentioned are features of the Wavetable synth not separate items, is that the confusion?
'He craved immortality so much, he was prepared to die for it.'

operandx wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:04 am
UnionS8 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:20 am
Those features Figbug mentioned are features of the Wavetable synth not separate items, is that the confusion?
:dog:
Yes, it is, thank you! Although it would be nice to have some of these as a separate plugin... :-D

Return to “Tracktion”