3.0 v1 Beta is here!

Official support for: energy-xt.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Complete garbage fanta1
Get your facts straight, one of EXTs biggest selling points was that you could run instances of EXT inside itself, it has always had this capability until Jorgen stopped compiling the VST version (Yes version 2 too)
So please do not state things you literally know nothing about.
Duh

You should try it out before you call it garbage, bungle.

Open the modular tab, click the right mouse-button in an empty space. Select "sequencer". Voila! It's also the inderection to use the drum-sequencer with imported midi-files.

By the way...
Even if I'm disappointed about the slow development, the lean information and the last Beta as well, I wonder about the more or less harsh tone in some posts. Jorgen did a great job in the past and gives his product away just for peanuts. So nobody has to blame.

I said it is garbage that you try to say that loading a module inside EXT is what they meant by load EXT inside EXT.
fanta1 wrote:@ ZonderP
I remember the statement from Jorgen and also from a Behringer guy at Musikmesse 2008: "It's possible to run eXT inside eXT". A mistakable sentence... To say it correct: "It's possible to implement eXTs sequencer in the modular tab". That could be the myth and the never ending discussion about the VST-version 2.xxx
It isn't, so again, your reply just goes to show that you do not know anything about what is being said.
'Run as VST' means exactly that, it does not mean load a sequencer or anything else you wish to make out that it means.
EXT ALWAYS RAN AS A VST, AND COULD ALWAYS BE LOADED INSIDE ITSELF, THIS IS A FACT !!!!!

By the way...
The harsh tone is because not only does Jorgen lie but also, he completely disregards his own userbase as some sort of horrid part of his past that should be forgotten, even to the point where he hasn't even bothered informing KVR that his company forum is now actually elsewhere and that this one should be closed/archived.
Jorgen did a great job a long long long time ago and has been a very poor developer for a longer time now than he was a good one, and no not peanuts at all, there are very capable packages in the same price range.
Again i would suggest that you do not talk about things you know little about.

Not that this has any bearing on people simply being honest, nobody is picking on Jorgen here, they are pointing out facts, end of story.
Duh

@fanta1:
I need to agree with bungle here. There has never been a 'myth and never ending discussion about the VST-version 2.xxx'.
Possibly this would have been introduced here by your statement, but fact is that there once was a VST version of XT2 (and XT1) and now it isn't anymore. And the sentence 'Runs as VST' really just doesn't allow any interpretations. VST is quite well defined.
I love XT2 and appreciate Jorgen's work, but such misleading statements on the official web page must be removed (although I hoped, it could stay there and a VST version will be available again.)

ZonderP wrote:@fanta1:
I need to agree with bungle here. There has never been a 'myth and never ending discussion about the VST-version 2.xxx'.
Possibly this would have been introduced here by your statement, but fact is that there once was a VST version of XT2 (and XT1) and now it isn't anymore. And the sentence 'Runs as VST' really just doesn't allow any interpretations. VST is quite well defined.
I love XT2 and appreciate Jorgen's work, but such misleading statements on the official web page must be removed (although I hoped, it could stay there and a VST version will be available again.)
+1

bungle wrote:V1 One of the best apps/plugins ever created
V2 Completely different and now forgotten
V3 Same as V2 with multicore

Really Jorgen what happened to you :(
Get the source out for V1, compile the VST for X64 and you will have something special on your hands again, there is still nothing like it, but it is buggy as hell nowadays in the latest OS

yes still working with v1.4.1 as VST, since 2006, would pay 100Euros for a version with some bugfixes and 64bit support, I still use this plugin every day :wink:

rainer303 wrote:
bungle wrote:V1 One of the best apps/plugins ever created
V2 Completely different and now forgotten
V3 Same as V2 with multicore

Really Jorgen what happened to you :(
Get the source out for V1, compile the VST for X64 and you will have something special on your hands again, there is still nothing like it, but it is buggy as hell nowadays in the latest OS

yes still working with v1.4.1 as VST, since 2006, would pay 100Euros for a version with some bugfixes and 64bit support, I still use this plugin every day :wink:
If 1.4 was x64 and stable, i would definitely drop 100 euros, but it would have to be in the hands of somebody else now, Jorgen has zero credibility.
Duh

as mentioned in the other thread all fine apart from plugins with multioutputs not working properly when multicore is enabled . can only use 1 output from multiouts plugins or sound breaks down/crashes.
while in singlecore multiouts work fine,

I must say the beta runs pretty well here on my system.
XT's MIDI input quantize is really smooth and successful.
The speed of getting ideas down is enhanced.
Thanks Jorgen for continuing the development although it's slow.
Download & play soothing music: https://soundcloud.com/wait_codec

On my WinXP-32 energyXT 3.0 Beta v1 doesn't see t.c.elctronic studiokonnekt48 ASIO driver :/
Ver 2.7 works well.

NystagmusE wrote:I must say the beta runs pretty well here on my system.
Not on Mac it doesn't.

apiekarczyk wrote:On my WinXP-32 energyXT 3.0 Beta v1 doesn't see t.c.elctronic studiokonnekt48 ASIO driver :/
Ver 2.7 works well.
Not really sure if in your case this will be the solution, but nonetheless worth a try:
See if 'libaam.dll' is in the folder where from you start 3.0 v1 beta.
If not, copy this file from the 2.7 installation directory to the 3.0 v1 directory (after closing possibly running energyXT 3.0 v1) and then start energyXT 3.0 v1.
Good luck,
Patrik

Not really sure if in your case this will be the solution, but nonetheless worth a try:
If not, copy this file from the 2.7 installation directory to the 3.0 v1 directory (after closing possibly running energyXT 3.0 v1) and then start energyXT 3.0 v1.
Good luck,
Patrik[/quote]
Patrik, you are right!
Now it works, thanks for help :)
Andy

apiekarczyk wrote:
ZonderP wrote:Not really sure if in your case this will be the solution, but nonetheless worth a try:
Good luck,
Patrik
Patrik, you are right!
Now it works, thanks for help :)
Andy
You're welcome!
Glad I could help.

fanta1 wrote:"Runs as VST" is just an irritation. Jorgen meant you can run instances of eXT inside eXT, I guess.
I tried to insert another sequencer in the Modular view. Is that what you had in mind?

Actually that additional sequencer worked nice. It seems it can be used for some smart use. I put inside of it a drum track in the loop mode and it played as in the main seq the other tracks continued.
Anybod tried this? Well anyway this should go in another thread, I guess.

Return to “energyXT”