Device panel sharing thread

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

aMUSEd wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 7:10 am Yeah we had to work this out from pretty much nothing. I don't understand why Bitwig don't promote the concept more either, but I do know that support for premapped plugins is hit and miss mainly because very few devs are aware of it or bother to create them (u-he are an exception but they have a special relationship with Bitwig). I don't know how many plugins are actually premapped that ship with Bitwig though because the feature is so hidden away and undocumented, you can't even tell easily which device panel corresponds to which plugin.
I couldn't agree more (has anyone actually approached them and asked!?)
Shipping with a superb collection of up to date premade panels can only be good for Bitwig, I wonder if maybe it is something they plan to include with 'network sharing' (along with grid creations, pre-set/sample packs for Samper etc) A bit like downloadable Live packs?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:51 pm
aMUSEd wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 7:10 am Yeah we had to work this out from pretty much nothing. I don't understand why Bitwig don't promote the concept more either, but I do know that support for premapped plugins is hit and miss mainly because very few devs are aware of it or bother to create them (u-he are an exception but they have a special relationship with Bitwig). I don't know how many plugins are actually premapped that ship with Bitwig though because the feature is so hidden away and undocumented, you can't even tell easily which device panel corresponds to which plugin.
I couldn't agree more (has anyone actually approached them and asked!?)
Shipping with a superb collection of up to date premade panels can only be good for Bitwig, I wonder if maybe it is something they plan to include with 'network sharing' (along with grid creations, pre-set/sample packs for Samper etc) A bit like downloadable Live packs?
Actually back when I was a Bigwig beta tester I did ask on the old Beta forum but no one bothered to respond. It's weird. Of course the repository of panels we have built up in this thread covers a pretty large proportion of plugins available so anyone dropping those into their Devices folder will have a great starting point for controlling their plugins (although as said, up till now we have tended to favour VST2, but that will gradually change).

aMUSEd wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:36 pm And here's one for Vital (VST3):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ikyvb1a693dg8 ... 0.zip?dl=0
Remind me how to add this. I've copied this to `/Users/carlca/Documents/Bitwig Studio/Library/.settings/devices/vst3-56535456697461766974616C00000000/Default.bwremotecontrols` but it's not showing up. What am I missing?
Bitwig 5.2 beta 1 + Akai MIDIMix + Launchpad X + Presonus Studio One Pro 6.6
Roli Lumi Keyboard x 2 + Universal Audio Apollo Twin X
Mac Mini M1 16GB/4TB + macOS 14.4.1 Sonoma

That should be sufficient - I know it is working as other people have told me it works for them. I presume you are using the VST3 version? I made this on Mac but I presume the Mac and Win VST3 use the same ID and anyway it looks like you are on Mac too.

It is a pain that Bitwig chose to make this process so bloody complicated.

How odd. I've repeated the process, made sure that I have the VST3 selected, and have just fired up Vital. This is what I see...

Screenshot 2020-11-29 at 22.55.32.png

I'm using the Pro version of Vital. Are you? Does it make any difference?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

No Plus but I can't see how that would make a difference, they are the same plugin, you just have access to more presets and wavetables. I know it works for others besides myself because someone on the Vital forum shared a screenshot

https://forum.vital.audio/t/bitwig-devi ... tal/2456/2

Problem solved. I'd forgotten that I'd moved the default location for my Bitwig Library to a different location. Come to think of it I thought that devices folder was looking a bit empty, particularly as I was sure I had installed a whole host of other Device Panel. It's close to my bedtime, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it 😉
Thanks for doing all this, MUSE 😀

Yeah... thanks for continuing to make device panels...

No problem - I do these for myself as soon as i get a new plugin - helps me learn the interface by breaking it down into chunks, and I like to have hands-on expressive control while playing - no reason to keep them to myself though

I can't seem to get the Vital preset device to load (Winx64). I created a test device Remote Control Page in Bitwig and it overwrote yours.. so the filename and folder location appear to be correct.
From looking inside your file, I noticed that it was created it with Bitwig 3.3 - I'm still on 3.2.8, could that be the problem?

I guess? I did create it on Mac using the VST3 but these are usually system agnostic

Hey everyone,
I'd love to contribute to and download some of the mappings in this thread, but I just can't figure out how to share these... I tried to synchronize my mappings between my desktop PC and my laptop (Bitwig 3.3.1), that have exactly the same plugins installed (WIN10), but the device panels are empty, as in are not synced.

I copied everything in the folder:
C:\Program Files\Bitwig Studio\3.3.1\resources\DeviceSettings
and there are folders called "vst-414d4551" for example in it, with bitwigremote files in them. But they seem not to be correct, because the date of the last file change is not correct on any of these (I did some mappings manually yesterday again, so the date should have been updated, no?)
What could I be doing wrong?

The hidden folder C:\Users\*username*\Documents\Bitwig Studio\Library\.settings is empty, so they can't be saved there, right?

Cheers!

:dog: ... damn, of course, I had changed my library path to another location on another harddrive. There they are...

Return to “Bitwig”