ACE 1.2, Uhbik 1.2.1 public beta (+VST3)

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

losan wrote:Hello Urs,

two questions:
-Multicore support - is this build in or does this need additional runtime libraries to be installed ?
Not that I know of.
-any chance to include an option to switch "breath" to an alternative controller ?
We're going to add re-assignable MIDI sources in future, but that'll take some time...

EvilDragon wrote:Why would you need runtime libraries for multicore capability? I must say I never encountered that with other software - it's built in to the program (Kontakt, Pianoteq, Reaper, for example).
I had the installation of two RP plugins in mind - I tried the Multicore versions once, which would need some additional runtimes.
Well, it doesn't worked out for me (but RP did claim out at that time, that it's experimental.)

That's why I'm asking.

Urs wrote:
losan wrote:Hello Urs,

two questions:
-Multicore support - is this build in or does this need additional runtime libraries to be installed ?
Not that I know of.
OK
-any chance to include an option to switch "breath" to an alternative controller ?
We're going to add re-assignable MIDI sources in future, but that'll take some time...
[/quote]
Cool, though I'm OK with it as is, except for "breath"

Thanks and Cheers

Is the installer working for win7 64 bit yet? I haven't seen anything about it so i must ask ... an update to ace is a stomach-tickler :D

(shout-out to those skilled in the art of .. art: please make (more) skins for Ace! Having a different skin can make a huge difference (for some of us) when you work with a synth - you see things differently, you use things differently)
:hug:

btw, I didn't have any problems on my window 7 64 bit installation with either of these.
rsp
sound sculptist

New installer will follow next week - the current one fails if there isn't a VST3 directory where it expects that. Shouldn't fail, but what do you know... :oops:

ahh, that's why mine didn't...... as I use Nuendo and already have a VST3 folder
rsp
sound sculptist

losan wrote:I'm OK with it as is, except for "breath"
For anyone who's not familiar with MIDI continuous controller numbers: "breath" is CC 02 (and modulation wheel is CC 01).

Hi Urs,

in Cubase 6.5.4 the Bypass Function is greyed out in all Uhbiks (VST3 Version).
You can turn them off. But the Bypass option is missing.

Gruß

CC

Is the fix for the installer ready yet? :pray:

Numanoid wrote:Is the fix for the installer ready yet? :pray:
no

Urs wrote:New installer will follow next week - the current one fails if there isn't a VST3 directory where it expects that. Shouldn't fail, but what do you know... :oops:
well, I actually have a vst3 dir, but maybe not in the right place. where, umh, is it expected to reside, then, if I might humbly ask? I could just create it there and proceed...

kylie wrote:
Urs wrote:New installer will follow next week - the current one fails if there isn't a VST3 directory where it expects that. Shouldn't fail, but what do you know... :oops:
well, I actually have a vst3 dir, but maybe not in the right place. where, umh, is it expected to reside, then, if I might humbly ask? I could just create it there and proceed...
Well, under Win it is at "C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3"

If you got a x64 system there's also "C:\Program files (x86)\Common Files\VST3"
(for 32 Bit Plug-Ins, for x64 versions it's the first mentioned path then).

Cheers

Almost there :oops:

Urs wrote:
Almost there :oops:
besides installer issue are there any other bug fixes? when is the official release?

Return to “u-he”