Guitars are too physically demanding and painful to learn.

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
RELATED
PRODUCTS

kanoharuayu wrote: โ†‘Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:27 pm I play piano, I can play all day, my hands or fingers never hurt, I decided to try guitar past few weeks and LOL wtf?
You just need to get a nice guitar library and jam on the keyboard. You'll have all the cool sounds without having to look like a poser. Unless that is your intended look, then by all means. :hihi:

However if the electric service ever disappears, long term, those uncouth guitarists will have the last laugh. :dog:

Or get a classical guitar, nylon strings are much easier to manipulate. I've got a couple friends who are not serious guitarists but fancy themselves guitar players. They pluck around (well strum mostly) on cheap $200 yamaha classicals or similar. :shrug:

Yes, seriously a nylon stringed guitar is going to be easier or an electric due to the lower action, As was mentioned earlier in the thread. I was just having a go at the guitarists here.

I still don't think a fingerboard, or any board, designed to play chords is the best design for human fingers to play though. But seeing as even young children seem to make it work, I suppose that doesn't matter..

Come on, the strings are just a verrry leeetle bit thicker, and it's a lovely colour...

rjt60b6.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

There is a big difference between electric and acoustic, electric is much easier all round especially with a good set up.

Well if strings are too tough, how about buttons?
https://www.starrlabs.com/
No device latency either.

with the string counts goin' up i am waitin' to see someone with a piano hangin' around their neck lol
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

MadDogE134 wrote: โ†‘Sun Aug 13, 2023 12:04 pm with the string counts goin' up i am waitin' to see someone with a piano hangin' around their neck lol
i tried some weird 8 string thing a few years back. my short stubby fingers could not cover the fret board :lol:

not exactly light either :o

Once you get calluses on your fingertips the pian stops...light strings/low action helps (if you electric) or start with a nylon classical. No pain no gain!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

vurt wrote: โ†‘Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:30 pmstrap on?
:o
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

yeah vurt i gave away a 5-string bass i had bought to play around with. i have been playing too long i suppose and really pay no attention when i play and every time i played that bass i would inadvertently go to the low string out of habit and muscle memory thinking it was the low E and i was as shocked as anyone else lol WTH??? lol some say i could just tune it backwards making the low string an E and things would be fine but i just gave it away to a friend that was wanting to learn how to play. at least he could get use out of it. i'll just stick with 6-string guitars and 4-string basses lol then i don't have to look or think lol

cheers

p.s. maybe it is true you can't teach old dogs new tricks lol (or those that just don't want to pay attention)
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

oh i had no intention of buying it :lol:
just wanted to see how it felt to play with so many strings.
even doing basic scale runs across the neck, my fretting palm was on the top strings while i was fingering the bottom one
really uncomfortable to play cleanly i imagine, thank god im not in to technical death metal, id be screwed!

vurt wrote: โ†‘Sun Aug 13, 2023 12:17 pm
MadDogE134 wrote: โ†‘Sun Aug 13, 2023 12:04 pm with the string counts goin' up i am waitin' to see someone with a piano hangin' around their neck lol
i tried some weird 8 string thing a few years back. my short stubby fingers could not cover the fret board :lol:

not exactly light either :o
Same here. Even a 7 string was too much for me first time I tried one in a shop. I tried 5 string bass 20 years ago and no. One too many strings there too. The only advantage with small fingers is that the c**k feels bigger.๐Ÿ˜‚

:o

:lol:

I like the concept of seven string guitars I don't like the tone.

I don't like Chapman Sticks but I do like megatars, and Warr but just for tapping.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dB17GrI ... d&index=10
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

Return to โ€œGuitarsโ€