Waveform Problem Plugins

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Display issues with LX480 by Relab (even without DPI awareness enabled). It works fine in Reaper.
Waveform Version 11.5.18 (Built: 12 July 2021) (64-bit)
Windows 10 - Core i3-1005G1, 8 GB RAM

Reaper on left , Waveform on right

In a rare reversal, the VST3 version of bx_crispytuner works fine (so far) and the VST2.4 version crashes Waveform pretty quickly. I think it's when I try to open the interface. Without sandbox, it crashes Waveform. With the sandbox, it crashes the sandbox.

bx_crispytuner 1.0.3
Waveform 11.5.18
Windows 10 Home 21H1
Intel Core i3-2100
RAM: 16GB
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

Not sure if this is related, but I have had a crap ton of issues using Serum with Tracktion 11, where the refresh rate on the plugin is garbage, and it gets a lot of really weird clipping effects on the render. Not sure if there's an easy way to fix it, but I'm trying everything I can.

Plasmonic is not being drawn to fit the window frame in DPI-Enabled mode.

much of the GUI is missing, as well...
Plasmonic in Waveform 11.5.18.gif
(EDIT: do these issues ever get addressed? this thread is 33 pages long. are people seeing the issues they report here fixed in Waveform?)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

The Rob Papen VST3 plugins (all of them) do not draw properly in the window frame when DPI-Enabled.

As an example of just one of them, I show BIT below:
RP BIT VST3 in Waveform 11.5.18.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by JamminFool on Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

here is Massive X in Waveform 11.5.18 WITHOUT being DPI-Enabled (fascinatingly, it draws well when DPI-enabled):
Massive X in Waveform 11.5.18.gif

also, ALL of the Roland Cloud VST3 versions instantly crash Waveform 11.5.18 to the desktop (if Sandboxing is off)!

Here is Melodyne VST3 in Waveform 11.5.18
Melodyne in Waveform 11.5.18.gif

Mutools MUX plugin VST now shows a blank screen since Waveform was updated to 11.5.16 and upwards on a Mac running MacOS 10.13 and 10.14. Prior to this, in all versions of Waveform from 8 up to 11.5.9, the MUX interface loaded correctly. Coincidentally, I noticed the JUCE Framework was updated after 11.5.9 was released and I am wondering if this is what caused the MUX blank screen issue.

Here is how Collective loads in Waveform Pro 11.5.18 on my system (defaults to DPI-Enabled and is not drawn correctly).
Collective in Waveform .jpg

Not sure if this has been mentioned before:
I get a blank GUI for both Magix Independence and Best Service Engine with Waveform 11.5.18

Now they are back working. Not sure what the issue is.

I'm not able to load a plug into the master plugin space on Waveform free. Is this a bug or restricted because it is the free version?
Paresh

There are no restrictions, although any version of Waveform prior to 12 limits you to four plugins in the master plugin space.

You should be able to drag a plugin into the space just above the Loop and Click buttons.
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

Yr right, thanks! It seems to be related to how the properties panel? in the bottom is displayed. I've been away from T7 for a while & new to waveform so I'm just getting reacquainted.
Paresh

Return to “Tracktion”