Is there anyone posting here that actually enjoys using energyxt?

Official support for: energy-xt.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

layzer wrote:
jens wrote:
mickwest1 wrote:Energy XT is great to use and will do anything you want pretty much - for workflow / facilities I rate it far above anything else - (I find Reaper horrible to use - what do you think Energy XT can't do? - it probably can!)

I've used it to record / mix and master dozens of complete projects with excellent results
:lol: :lol: :lol:

XT2 still doesn't even have loop-recording.
thats because EXT2 is for real Musicians that actually compose. not just stick
a bunch of loops together. run off to use your Abelton or whatever.....

Keep dreaming, clueless kid. ;-)
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Oh, just to be clear:

I was amongst a tiny (3 initially) team of beta-tester (or actually rather alpha-testers) who first got their hands on XT2 in its infacy. But at one point Jorgen started to listen less and less to us (well, I was by far the most active one of the testers) but rather to some Norwegian techno-boys who were A LOT less sophisticated and demanding.

As a consequence I predicted Jorgen's terrible fall way before everyone else did. I was very vocal about it because I tried to save both Jorgen and eXT from what then indeed happened to them.

Who got to know XT2 within recent years most probably has not the slightest idea how popular both Jorgen and eXT once were. They were huge and everyone thought Jorgen could never go wrong.
It's a real shame.

I guess what happened is that when Jorgen decided to abandom the eXT 1.x codebase and instead to code XT2 from scratch in C++ he did not at all foresee what a huge that that really was and subsequently got overwhelmed so he decided to listen to those who told him "it's great like this" instead of those who kept saying "sorry, Jorgen, but it's really not quite there yet".

And so many of us offered and were willing to support him financially in order to keep the development going. He decided to not ask for an update fee at all though.

As of today and as far as I know, there's still no DAW that offers something similar to eXT 1.x Audio-Parts - that was a real work of genius and Jorgen should have been expanding on it - it's one of those brilliant features that were in eXT1.x yet are missing in XT2. So sad.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens still sounds like a spoiled kid unable to cope with rejection...

..so basically you attempted to insinuate yourself in early to try and add credibility to your subsequent industrial espionage..
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Do I count? I don't post here much but I still enjoy EnergyXT. I joined effing KVR because eXT has a forum here (here's my second post in entire KVR, should update it now http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... &p=3513024). If I would have read the threads here at the time, I probably wouldn't have bought it and would have missed out on lot of music. Or I wouldn't have missed out, but would have been subjected to some other host's weaknesses. EnergyXT got me back on track on making music on the computer, I had had a few years of silence before that. Remember guys like NAS and Rottweiler, they were all over the place tearing eXT apart and at that time Jorgen still made random posts and people went wild if he posted something. Subs doesn't post much anymore either. :/

jens wrote:
layzer wrote:
jens wrote:
mickwest1 wrote:Energy XT is great to use and will do anything you want pretty much - for workflow / facilities I rate it far above anything else - (I find Reaper horrible to use - what do you think Energy XT can't do? - it probably can!)

I've used it to record / mix and master dozens of complete projects with excellent results

thats because EXT2 is for real Musicians that actually compose. not just stick
a bunch of loops together. run off to use your Abelton or whatever.....

Who you calling kid? ... I, with the help of your drunk mother...made you. :smack:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Yeah, the eXT community used to be great, it's a shame the way things have gone. XT certainly hasn't seen the development, dialogue or promotion needed to keep it vital. That said, even if Jorgen had been coding away at the crazy pace of the 1.x days all this time, he might only have been ploughing further into a seam of diminishing returns amidst the ever broader saturation of the DAW market. I don't remember there being many good hosts you could get for the price of a moderate Friday night out at that time. Maybe he just saw that coming and did what was best for Jorgen.

Ah, the old crowd. Darkstar, Soma, Subz (still play That's Cool from time to time)!

layzer wrote:
jens wrote:
layzer wrote:
jens wrote:
thats because EXT2 is for real Musicians that actually compose. not just stick a bunch of loops together. run off to use your Abelton or whatever.....
Who you calling kid? ... I, with the help of your drunk mother...made you. :smack:
“Loop recording” is referring to this, and since you couldn't grasp that, calling you clueless is fair game.
Kid.

After some poking around with 2.x I kept on using 1.4.
The last time I used 2.x it was for the elastique time-stretchy-thingumy. I thought, Hm, how do I activate loop recording? and then found out I couldn't. Oh well.
Where do I access the groove editor? Ah, nowhere.
Where's the mixer comp in the modular view? There isn't one. Right.
How do I split a stereo signal into two mono signals in modular? Hm'kay, I just don't.
How do I ...

Yeah, I get it alright. Shitloads of ridiculously useful functionality in 1.x are still just not present in 2.x. It amazes me how anyone can consider it an upgrade. Oh wait, there's an amp sim! W00t!

____
PS1 If this comes across as defending jens — sorry.
PS2 @xoxos — of course you know that I've never used music software, and in fact have never made any music at all in my life, but my lodge overlords made me post this just to make Jørgen look bad.

xoxos wrote:..so basically you attempted to insinuate yourself in early to try and add credibility to your subsequent industrial espionage..

layzer wrote: Who you calling kid? ... I, with the help of your drunk mother...made you. :smack:
I would have said the way you express yourself you can't be older than 18 or 19, but then I just noticed that you already joined in 2006.

So basically you are just some lower class guy attempting to impress others on the internet in order to equilibrate all that humiliation he had to endure in his miserable life due to his severe lack of education (and epically failing at it - but why would you even think you might fare any better in written conversations? :dog:).

look everybody, jens posted some more :)
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

jens wrote:
layzer wrote: Who you calling kid? ... I, with the help of your drunk mother...made you. :smack:
I would have said the way you express yourself you can't be older than 18 or 19, but then I just noticed that you already joined in 2006.

So basically you are just some lower class guy attempting to impress others on the internet
oh i already do impress on the internet, in real life and on other planets and galaxies. i impress many. unlike you, who is a nobody. :lol:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

No you don't.

hmm, interesting! so what else would you like to talk about, jens? :)

and are you going to need anyone to check in or will you be able to handle shutting down this horrid thread of people enjoying something all by yourself :)

After all these years I still understand only about 30% of the shit you write - and since I usually comprehend everybody else nicely, I would daresay it must be you. It's like you are on drugs or something - what on earth did you just try to say? What was the point you tried to make?

Return to “energyXT”