Did you know (Tips and Tricks) NO CHAT!

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

putting here too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFOMAzKnzd4

so bouncing out a track of a multi-in VSTinstrument, needs a clip in the launcher with the white playing arrow(start-stop it) and an empty clip without looping on the track of the instrument and done

I've written a quite long post about the routing so ... if u missed http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 9&t=453055
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Just found out.

If you have a clip and you are in pianoeditor. Select a few notes. copy.
Then in arranger press timeline where you want to paste.
paste it. Then a new clip with only those notes in it will be created! f**king genious!
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard
laptop: windows 10 x64, i7 mq4700, 12gb ram 1600mhz, 1 tb, asus gt 750

moving time region by selected markers

select the tracks/main timeline by clicking on it/them with the time selection tool(2) then select two markers by pressed ctrl+click

then move/copy whatever it the time selection tool(2) to wherever u like, alternative copy also working so can be other region filled with it ofc.

note velocity can be set from the editor (pressed ctrl+shift)

Ok no video and how do i explain this???...... (xbitz can you try it? you the master of giffs here! :D :tu: )
When you got a drummaschine with some pads and your song is almost ready but you think if i had only that pad on his own drummaschine/track.
Drag that pad into a clean space in the arranger and there you go.. it made a drummasschine for you and it also made those clips in arranger..
sorry if this is common knowledge but i just found out!

You don't have to OK-close the browser to add multiple devices, simply choose the next +slot.

You can bounce one special (or several) tracks with their send-signal, if you create an ghost-clip on the master and solo the tracks + the sends you want in the wave, than rightclick the master-clip, say bounce, voila! Its like resampling but much faster. (if the waves should have names like bass, chord.... rename the master before!).

(its trivial and if already known, please delete it).

The Tool device does not go down to minus infinite with it's amplitude knob but only to -36 db.
If you use an empty FX Layer instead you can automate it's Mix knob to get the full range.
Just be aware that the range is kind of inverted: Mix at 100% blocks audio, Mix at 0% lets it all through. Think of it as the "amount of blocking" if that helps.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

For everyone who is also struggling with the lack of stronger, more distinguished subdivisions (e.g. 1.1, 2.1, 3.1 ...) in the piano roll ...

Bounce some kicks, clicks, etc. and use them as the background in Layered Editing view.
Bonus: Create your own custom grids.

After you have your samples loaded in drum machine...

Create an effect send track, then click the 3 dots on the track at the bottom left (show effect send amounts). then click the drop down arrow next to drum machine and you can adjust the send amount for each cell in drum machine.

takaii explained the looping behaviour of clips very well in the BWS 1.3.6 thread, so if you are unsure about when, why and how clips loop, check this out:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 7#p6364276

Thanks takaii !

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Kontakt Tip

You can put Kontakt onto a group track. This way - after having all the corresponding midi tracks within the group - you can still play the last selected midi track on your keyboard, while editing the Kontakt audio outputs on the group track. Hope this helps a bit.

Check the gif picture on the link down. It shows how you can cancel rendering or bouncing ;)

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... a#p6371766

thanks suloo
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard
laptop: windows 10 x64, i7 mq4700, 12gb ram 1600mhz, 1 tb, asus gt 750

Clips and Scenes can be saved by dragging them into the "old" browser. Scenes will save devices with them :)

Return to “Bitwig”