RapidComposer v5 beta feedback and discussion

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

plopseaw wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:37 pm Mac OS Ventura on Apple Silicon here. Also seems no matter what I do I can't get the AU component to update from b1 to b5. I can see in the components directory that the component has been freshly written. When I go to scan the plugin (Logic Pro) it reports its scanning b1. Even if I do a full reset and scan all from scratch again it still only loads b1 version. Very strange!
You are right, there is something wrong with the build process. It includes an old version, I am investigating why (probably because of the name change RapidComposer -> RapidComposerV5, so that I can still be able to build v4). I'll have a fix shortly, sorry about this!

Thanks!
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
Summer Sale - 40% off - June 3-18

lulukom wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 1:12 pm Hello Attila. Of course, I removed applications, plugins and even preferences. Then I cleaned the Mac. Then I installed 5.0.0b5. Results in pictures. Although, of course, I read on the DP forum that there are problems with scanning VST 3, but the AU should work without problems. Thank you. And yes, every time it requires you to enter the serial number.
Hi lulukom,

many thanks for the screenshots! I can see the installed files have August 25 as the date, so I seriously messed up the build process. In the end you installed beta1 instead of beta5. I am sorry, and thanks for your patience!

Attila

We all love RC and therefore our patience is limitless)))

RapidComposer v5.0b6 is available!

Improvements:
  • Various fixes for rhythm editing (Manual Editing)
  • Fixed issues with batch importing MIDI files
  • macOS build fixed (old version was included in the installer)

Hey Attila, not sure if this is expected behavior or not.

While using RC5 as an AU plugin in Logic, while actively working in the RC window, when a phrase selected, if I hit "delete" on my keyboard to remove the phrase, it actually deletes the track in logic that is selected, not the phrase in the window. Not sure if that can be changed or not.

Yes, it happened! The AU works and at first glance it’s not even very bad ! ))

How do I just apply the LFO to the selected note only or time selection ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi,

Just updated to beta6. Standalone works as expected. However, the AU inside of Logic opens but the interface doesn't respond at all.

Hi Attila,

what happened to the phrase container? i was about to ask it was possible to add a container for stacking phrases vertically then i noticed the regular container was missing

Is the new 5.0 version of RapidComposer VST going to work with ACID Pro 11 Suite? The 4.7.3 demo blows up when the VST is loaded. :wink:

I've been running RapidComposer v5.0b6 for about two days now and I've found a bug in scanning the VST plugins. When I loaded the program from the beginning it came up with a plugin scan screen and it started scanning and when it got about 50% the way into scanning it found a plugin that made it blow up and unload. I then loaded the program again and it came up without the VST scan screen. I then went into the VST scan screen manually and started scanning it then blew up again. :o

Having problems getting V5 to show up as a VST in Ableton. Anyone got any Solutions?

lovemusic15 wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 9:04 am Having problems getting V5 to show up as a VST in Ableton. Anyone got any Solutions?
Did you try this? I don't use Ableton myself, but I found this..

viewtopic.php?t=561343

Appreciate your feedback,

That post is more about how to use RC in Ableton ,my problem is the Beta version is not showing up as a vst3 . the normal version works fine in Ableton but for some reason this beta version is not showing up after new scan.
I can get version V3 beta to show up but not v5 I've tried deleting version 3 but then nothing shows up at all.

The only thing I can think of is, you had the VST turned off when you installed the beta. Maybe do a re-install and make sure you are also installing the VST, not just the stand alone.

You should only have one copy of the VST in your VST folder. Meaning, there shouldn't be a beta 3 and a beta whatever too.

The name of the VST is the same for all versions, so, only one will be there. Any other ones would be over written or deleted during the install.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”