Is there anyone posting here that actually enjoys using energyxt?

Official support for: energy-xt.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

no matter how far xt might has fallen behind, people still stick to the forum after such a long time

yeah still my favorite software, great times when it was weekly updated (insane!!!) but i ´m just happy it still lives!!! as long as i see the coming next´s still coming , i´m happy :)

hmmm - looking pretty dead now!
Cheers

Mick

gamble wrote:no matter how far xt might has fallen behind, people still stick to the forum after such a long time
Sure, we all live in hope I guess, even if that hope diminishes. I just wish it was more stable and available in 64 bit, it's all very well catering for 32 bit but on Mac at least the problem is many of the plugins that are only available in 32 bit don't work in eXT anyway - you can load them but nothing on the gui can be touched or moved because Jorgen has not kept eXT uptodate with the latest graphics libraries.

the thing about keeping up to date with the latest computers,

is that some of us,

SOME of us,

have figured out that the people who manufacture computers, are going to keep selling new models, regardless of if *we* need them now or not.

so, no, people who enjoy eXT don't post here, because there's a bunch of tits who want to piss all over everything that doesn't live up to their worthless hype bullshit standards.

:hug:
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Xoxos frankly the only one who seems intent on 'pissing on' anything in this thread is you, if you have nothing constructive to add then kindly stop trying to flame anyone that happens to say something even slightly negative about an app most of us own and would like to see actually being developed in a positive direction. The question that launched this thread is 'Is there anyone posting here that actually enjoys using energyxt?' The answer to that is there are many of us who would really like to, who have done so in the past and would love to see it return to its former glories, pretending there are no problems and rudely attacking anyone who dares to criticise anything is not helping that and just making this a potentially toxic thread. Jorgen does not need a white knight.

I flirt salaciously with other hosts but EnergyXT is my Daw of choice which I run home to when sand is kicked in my face. I do think it's good. No matter how I break it down, it remains consistent.

I enjoy using it, despite its shortcomings. There, I've said it :D

I was drawn to Energy XT when I discovered it runs on Linux. It works great and is better than almost everything available in the Linux ecosystem. For those who don't know, audio on Linux is a nightmare, but XT is solid on that system. With regular development it could easily be the top choice of Linux musicians. Really, all it needs is better plugin support and a 64-bit option. It is weird to recommend something widely seen as abandonware (even though there are sill regular updates), but I do tell people about it.

how about people who can acknowledge the use of tense? :shrug:

there are, frankly, dribbly bottom mouth smelly pervy face bro, loads of other threads where you can, and have! and have! wagged on about how let down you feel. it's no bloody secret. there is no exhibition of any deprivation of venue for your constant public service announcements on your disappointment.

this thread, is for those who, mind you not "enjoyed" but "enjoys" using eXT.

just to be a bit different.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

this is the modern music industry for you.

"i don't know about you, folks," but when someone makes an opening statement

discretising

DISCRETISING

predeliction

it doesn't bloody sound like an invite from whingers to me,

it sounds like it's asking,

WHINGERS DON'T COME HERE

THAT'S A BLOODY ENOUGH OF YOU AND YOUR WHINGING

WE'D LIKE TO HAVE IT WITHOUT YOUR WHINGING JUST HERE,

and that's why someone would make a thread title like that.

i can see it, anyone with eyes in their facemeat can see it.

but people in the music industry, they think, "i'm in the music industry, surely i have a license to argue for this completely preposterous interpretation absolutely diametrically opposed to it's overt essential nature"

it says, not for you!

i hope that helps :) because that's why you make a thread title like that, with those words in it!

dear bloody god of reading comprehension already! :)

seismic1 wrote:I flirt salaciously with other hosts but EnergyXT is my Daw of choice which I run home to when sand is kicked in my face. I do think it's good. No matter how I break it down, it remains consistent.

I enjoy using it, despite its shortcomings. There, I've said it :D
EXT2 2.7F will be the only DAW i use till the end of the world.

well, until 3.0 is bug free. :pray:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

djvision wrote:I was drawn to Energy XT when I discovered it runs on Linux. It works great and is better than almost everything available in the Linux ecosystem. For those who don't know, audio on Linux is a nightmare, but XT is solid on that system. With regular development it could easily be the top choice of Linux musicians. Really, all it needs is better plugin support and a 64-bit option. It is weird to recommend something widely seen as abandonware (even though there are sill regular updates), but I do tell people about it.
would you mind defining 'regular updates' ?
i think Jorgen dropped Linux as there is no beta of 3.0 for Linux available...

dermichl wrote:would you mind defining 'regular updates' ?
i think Jorgen dropped Linux as there is no beta of 3.0 for Linux available...
Sure. While updates used to happen more frequently, there is still a new build coming out every 6-months to 1-year. There are also other products being developed beside XT, like the XTS1 synth and the Rewire interface. XT is very stable with an impressive set of features that meet the needs of many users. If you have a very specific need then it can be frustrating to not see it in XT, but there are dozens of other DAWs out there, all with their own limitations. Just use the one you with the best compromise of features!

where do you get the yearly releases from? 2.6 was released in 2011 and 2.7 was released last year...

Return to “energyXT”