Dead Developers - who are you missing?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mokafix Audio and Sleepy Time Records :(
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

__K__ wrote:The guy behind USE-Audio (Creamware).

Their sweet little well sounding Plugiator box had models sounding awesome!
As they for sure is 'dead' after years of no development / updates I would love for them to set the platform free as open source or similar.
I'm not sure that the the company behind the Plugiator (inDSP) owned the license for the software. When Creamware went bust the IP was split up and the Plugiator was conceived as a low-cost hardware platform for running Creamware ASBs. inDSP are actually still going but are now based in India.

livelab.dk

LiveSlice is/was a great plugin.
Its basic concept, its simplicity are/were so inspirational.

Hard to find a worthy successor... New Sonic Arts' Vice comes close.

Cheers,
tl.

resynthesis wrote:
__K__ wrote:The guy behind USE-Audio (Creamware).

Their sweet little well sounding Plugiator box had models sounding awesome!
As they for sure is 'dead' after years of no development / updates I would love for them to set the platform free as open source or similar.
I'm not sure that the the company behind the Plugiator (inDSP) owned the license for the software. When Creamware went bust the IP was split up and the Plugiator was conceived as a low-cost hardware platform for running Creamware ASBs. inDSP are actually still going but are now based in India.
And Sonic Core recently released an updated Scope and now anyone can develop for the platform. Previously was restricted to certain hardware.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Sonic Timeworks
DelayDots
RGC:Audio
URS

Nativ... bah.

Old Native Instruments, then.

WTF?!

Reason Lahalla faked his death? Bloody hell. I remember being really upset when I heard the news.

What an absolute jerk.

synaesthesia wrote:WTF?!

Reason Lahalla faked his death? Bloody hell. I remember being really upset when I heard the news.

What an absolute jerk.
You can see the resurrected full story here (in GeorgeZ's quote in his own post): viewtopic.php?p=6666920#p6666817

aallvor wrote:....Also miss the dev behind BeatCreator.
+1

Peter Segerdahl -- ZeroX: BeatCreator, and Seamless Looper.

Does anyone know the story behind why the company and/or development ceased??? Still have not come across a suitable replacement for Beatcreator that aligns with my workflow :? :help:

Also Muon Tau, Alpha.

Does anyone know if Dave Brown (DB) still active?

I miss stuff from:
Dave Brown (DB)
HG Fortune
SonicByte ERA
7Aliens (What happened to them???)

And a gizillion companies and peoples more.
Really sad to read about all these good people who left. Also weired, to see some companies erased from the internet with no info left?!
Last edited by lotta44 on Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Protocol_b wrote:Squaredheadz (sp?) - NORA is brilliant, nothing else exactly like it. It deserved undying love.
What? Is it a fact they have gone down :( ? Website is still there...

Edit: ah, I found the post... http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 0#p6969245

Dang. Well, not down entirely and irrevocably, but still dang.

Circular Labs - I simply cannot find a replacement for Mobius Looper, and dread the day it stops working on my system. Was still holding out hope for a 64-bit update but now the forum section has disappeared from the Circular Labs website, so I guess Jeff has moved on to other things.

I also miss the days when ddummer (TbT Audio) was active on here releasing new compressors and limiters every other week. I still have the Tls 3127 Leveling Amplifier running on a few projects.

Kjaerhus - the first "pro" freewares
EDIT - actually, no, just no

Mokafix Audio - one of the very best indy (for the love of music, put your paying catalog as donationware somewhere!)

Genuine soundware instrument (GSI) - not dead but only focused on hardware now, that's a shame, I know for a fact that Guido has a lot of exiting WIP plugins cooking since way too many years

Happy to see DiscoDSP back in the game, their website was close for so long
Last edited by pyer on Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pyer wrote:Kjaerhus - the first "pro" freewares
Sure not! I deleted all the stuff of this child rapist Torben Kjærhus Larsen. It would make me sick to have something from a complete pervert on my harddrive.

PS. Let's hope that this thread not get derailed now because someone mentioned the name of this sicko.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

wooooooooow I didn't know that! thanks for making me aware of this murnau...

Return to “Instruments”