DNR Collaborative Wave Designer - what ever happened to it?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Qiitt. Seems like no download available anywhere.

No DNR Collaborative any more. Search the archives, it was explained what happened.

Short version: Reason scammed all of the investors out of their money... ran off leaving me to "please explain".
Eternitysound VST Banks

Thanks for the reply. I am still not clear on the status of this software.

Who owns it?

In my search, one of the thread links was deleted.

kreamCleaner wrote:Thanks for the reply. I am still not clear on the status of this software.

Who owns it?

In my search, one of the thread links was deleted.
Its not available anymore. End of story.

I still got and use Wave Designer here. Anyway before it was discontinued it was still a 32-bit VST2 and actually a final version including 64-bit was never released.

I had created tons of waveforms using the mathematical formula editor. I had used those waveforms in multiple synths and a bunch of them are included with Tone2 Rayblaster (factory content and official Tone2 soundsets).

Please do not ask me if i could provide a download, also not by PM. I will not reply to such requests.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

I spent about 2 hours trying to find this... it went bye bye once the DNR Sub was removed from the "old forums" sub... and was only cached once (better once than never eh?)... figured I'd repost it here in a sub that won't get closed / archived so the deception will not be forgotten. Original post can be found here, until, inevitably it'll drop off the cached archives: http://web.archive.org/web/201608120628 ... 9dce7d8615

I'll tell you what though, I've locked all this crap away in the back of my brain for a few years now, but it gave me a bit of a lump in my throat to reread some of the comments, specifically the words of support for me from KVR mates, quite a few who are still around today (some that aren't :cry: ). Made me well up a bit. In spite of the occasional clap-trap on KVR, there's a genuine community with heart here I feel. :tu: Sorry, got sidetracked there a bit...

DNR Collaborative / Team DNR / Reason Lahalla is off the map and the projects are dead unfortunately. I'm not sure if the programmer ever got paid (I was never in touch with him), but judging by Reason's previous behavior I wouldn't put it past him to have not paid the dude. As such, I'm not sure who owns the rights, if any. I don't and never had anything to do with the legal side of the company, so I'm not sure where any of that stands regarding redistribution, copyright and so on.

I hope this wasn't too over the top, but but figured I'd give you a proper answer kreamCleaner.
GeorgeZ wrote:Hi Paul and everyone else... know this is way out of left field, but bare with me. I feel now is the right time to let this go...

I've been harboring this for ages now, and I want to get it out in the open as I don't want to be pegged as "that guy that worked with Team DNR, the guys that took HUGE donations from people for Design Desk, and then disappeared". Now I assume people are clever enough to realize I was doing volunteer support work, therefore was never paid, and simply had been pulled in initially as someone "known in the KVR scene", as per Steve (on Reason's recommendation before he "died"). I had nothing to do with the company's finances, but yet I feel very guilty to have been involved with this, even in a voluntary capacity, therefore this full exposure.

I can't corroborate the story of Steven's accident, he did mention it in his last communication, but I can't verify ANYTHING (so I don't know what's true and what's not).

In August 2013, as part of the last communication Steven made he said Reason had showed up at his house (yes, look at the dates, that's after his supposed death). Now bare with me, I know this will seem like total BS, ask anyone who's dealt with me, I'm a straight shooter, I don't have time for games or fanciful stories.

He linked me to a person going by the AKA Bobby Destruktion on YT (account since removed). It was music and the guy in the pictures in the videos was clearly Reason. He told me to add him on FB. As far as I can tell it was Reason. He [Reason] told this elaborate story of faking his death and what not. He'd also started a Kickstarter sort of campaign for a "Bobby Destruktion production kit" with samples and stuff (and have taken over the back end of DNR in Steven absence). I spoke with Steven a few more times after that, and then all communication stopped. Reason continued to talk to me for a while as well and then disappeared again (deleted FB account... nice, seems to have a habit of doing that). At the time he did communicate I took note of his "new friends" and FB. After he stopped communicating I added some of them and tracked down the person he was with. The guy said Reason didn't want to deal with DNR or me anymore (after I mentioned the site's down), and that was that (I actually spoke with him again later asking about reason's dad's death... he was like "WTF? Reason's dad just fine, for a fact... what you on about?". Great, they lied about that as well?!). Now, where did the investment money go? Wouldn't have a clue. Maybe Steven did have a massive accident, and the money went to sorting him out. Again, I can't corroborate any of this. Purely guessing.

This might seem like a fanciful self exonerating pity-pary, but I assure you, this is the honest truth. I have no reason to make stuff like this up (I couldn't if I tried!). I just needed to come clean. I'm sure most people would have kinda counted their losses and moved on, however, for me, this has been hanging over my head ever since Reason came clean (was any of that story true, I donno, who cares really, all I know is I'm not dealing with ANYTHING T DNR related ever again). I conduct myself online as I am in real life, therefore, pride myself on being trustworthy, and a utterly reliable. As such this sort of situation pains me greatly. None has said anything to me, in fact, everyone has been as they've always been with me, no one [as far as I know] have attempted to point a finger at me saying "hmm, maybe he bagged the DD investment money" or anything like that. But for me, my conscience can't rest. I feel partly responsible, maybe because I was trusting / gullible enough to not say anything (Steven and Reason asked I say nothing) when all these revelations were...errrrr... revealed. I know however as well that this might start a storm in a teacup, but I really don't care, I just want to get this off my chest and move on. Please accept this post as sincere, and I assure you, I made none of this up. It's just really been gnawing at me lately. I did have half a mind to get the DNR forum removed, but I think it's better to leave it up as a warning beacon. In anyway, I'm locked in as a mod on here, and ALSO a admin on the DNR FB page (I posted that ad for my track... hell, might as well get something out og this whole shitbag situation)... in spite of being a mod and an admin I don't have full control of the FB profile & KVR forum sub, so I can't remove them, even if I wanted to.

Anyway, that's that, end of story. Hope you guys understand why I had to go through with this (I'd attempted to post this 3 times before since Dec 2013, could never hit the post button... too scared I'll get judged as being a gullible meathead... yes, I feel like I was a pawn in an elaborate scheme, I have no proof, but it feels that way). For a while Reason was prattling on about Russian mafia connections and stuff, and although I thought he was full of it, it did put me off posting all of this. No matter, it's out now, I'm ready to move on :hug: FIN.
PS: I won't lie, I've wondered about resurrecting the [WD] project from time to time, but from scratch, funding it myself, and totally re-branding it, but I've always been weary about what could crawl out of the woodwork if that was attempted. I've decided (I think, after so many years), to just let sleeping dogs lie.
Eternitysound VST Banks

'As such, I'm not sure who owns the rights, if any'
Does the vst have credits? Does it credit the programmer etc?

kreamCleaner wrote:'As such, I'm not sure who owns the rights, if any'
Does the vst have credits? Does it credit the programmer etc?
Why? It's not really going to make any difference, given the circumstances.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

So I can see if the programmer is doing anything with the said item.

Found the post... ;)

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 4#p5017284
rlahalla wrote:
For anyone who didn't already know, the developer of the software is Shannon from One Small Clue, who also created the Poise drum sampler :)
https://www.facebook.com/shannon.f.oram
shannon@onesmallclue.com

One Small Clue is Shannon Oram, a software developer based in Melbourne.

Contact

Forum: www.forum.onesmallclue.com
Email: shannon at onesmallclue dot com
Please get in touch if you have questions or need help with something.
There ya go, email him.

The programmer says in an email that he doesn't know who Wave designer belongs to and that Reason Lahalla was
the original owner. Tracking down the said person might be the best option. It was still only a prototype (whatever that means).

kreamCleaner wrote:.... . It was still only a prototype (whatever that means).
Maybe I should have paid it with prototype money so ... :oops:
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

kreamCleaner wrote:The programmer says in an email that he doesn't know who Wave designer belongs to and that Reason Lahalla was
the original owner. Tracking down the said person might be the best option. It was still only a prototype (whatever that means).

If it belongs to that scumbag, i see no problem sharing it.

Return to “Instruments”