The Complete VST Amp Sim List!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

That would be great to get it stickied :), any mods around? lol

as i'm considering buying an electro-accoustic guitar, this thread is a godsend for me.

so tell me, what are the most interesting freebies in the bunch?

Wopelka wrote:as i'm considering buying an electro-accoustic guitar, this thread is a godsend for me.

I couldn't tell you since I haven't tried them all, but I'm getting some good use out of FreeAMP, RubyTube and of course SIR...

edit: but my number one tool is of course a genuine valve Marshall preamp... :D
Last edited by Hovmod on Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rakkervoksen

The most interesting in my oppion are the Simanalog stuff, the JCM is amazing as almost everyone will tell you.

i like GXStack alot because i play it realtime and it doesnt fill the speaker with feedback and fuzz and such. and it has lots of options and lots of good sounds to be gotten out of it.
X-Amp is pretty good tube amp sound and got some good options and such for tweaking. and if your willing to spend some money, Guitar Rig is some good stuff. Tons of options and comes with a "Rig Kontrol" pedal that has foot pedals and a wah pedal.

Hey just added a couple to the list. TrAmp i just found today diggin around while i was bored. Its pretty interesting, i had some fun with it for a while be sure to check it out. And the PreAmp TGR i found diggin threw my VST folder. It is made by the same dude that made GreaseTube, but his links are down so ill have to mirror it off of my server here pretty soon if anyones interested in it.

sXeSkiddz2005 wrote:Hey just added a couple to the list. TrAmp i just found today diggin around while i was bored. Its pretty interesting, i had some fun with it for a while be sure to check it out. And the PreAmp TGR i found diggin threw my VST folder. It is made by the same dude that made GreaseTube, but his links are down so ill have to mirror it off of my server here pretty soon if anyones interested in it.
Cool! This really IS the most comprehensive list of software amp sims I've ever seen. This is great!

--Sean

Wopelka wrote:as i'm considering buying an electro-accoustic guitar, this thread is a godsend for me.

Wopelka,

Exactly what do you mean by an electro-acoustic? An acoustic guitar with a pickup of some kind, or an electric guitar with a semi-hollow body, or something else?

If it's an acoustic with a pickup - very few of these are going to sound good, except for the simple tube saturation effects.

-Scott

I think you should add the new upcoming 800 pound gorilla:
http://www.wavesgtr.com/

For those who missed it read below:
http://namm.harmony-central.com/SNAMM05 ... R/GTR.html

See video demo:
http://trio.harmony-central.com/ramgen/ ... ves-GTR.rm

rockstar_not wrote:

Wopelka,

Exactly what do you mean by an electro-acoustic? An acoustic guitar with a pickup of some kind, or an electric guitar with a semi-hollow body, or something else?

If it's an acoustic with a pickup - very few of these are going to sound good, except for the simple tube saturation effects.

-Scott
i bought this:

with preamp and 3bands EQ integrated.

i used it in my contest entry coupled with Reaktor Session, the banana-something effect box. it's probably not the best thing on guitars-earth, but i'm quite excited to explore these new horizons.

AndrewSimon wrote:I think you should add the new upcoming 800 pound gorilla:
http://www.wavesgtr.com/

For those who missed it read below:
http://namm.harmony-central.com/SNAMM05 ... R/GTR.html

See video demo:
http://trio.harmony-central.com/ramgen/ ... ves-GTR.rm
It's nice looking, and probably sounds and works great! I wonder, however, if it would really fit in this list. My reason is as follows:

1. It is not a full software amp, but rather it is a hybrid of hardware and software. We would have to include Guitarport and other hybrid setups. (Then again, we DID include the Creamware thing, didn't we?) Do we remove the Creamware one or do we add hardware/software hybrids? This is a good question we need to address. If we allow hybrids, where do we draw the line?

--Sean

i think the box on the waves thingie is just a di box - so it no different to the footpedal on guitar rig
I believe every thread should devolve into character attacks and witch-burning. It really helps the discussion.

It just Occurred to me that the heading of this topic is, "The Complete VST Amp Sim List." We have already included a lot of non-VST stuff. Also, we have to discuss the issue of hardware-software hybrid setups.

My vote is as follows: I think we should change the thread title to "The complete Software Amp Sim List," and limit the list to software only items. This would necessitate the removal of hybrid items from the list, but would keep the list within a managable scope.

This is just my opinion, however. Let's discuss.

--Sean

ericj23 wrote:i think the box on the waves thingie is just a di box - so it no different to the footpedal on guitar rig
Hmm... that might be ok. How should we define a hardware/software hybrid? I definately Guitar Rig probably fits the list, so that would seem to make this one ok too. But then again, what about Guitarport? Where do we draw the line? I'm not sure what to think now. :? :D

--Sean

surely it all depends if it runs within a host - dont think guitarport does that - i.e. can it function as a plug-in
I believe every thread should devolve into character attacks and witch-burning. It really helps the discussion.

ericj23 wrote:surely it all depends if it runs within a host - dont think guitarport does that - i.e. can it function as a plug-in
But the list has 'Several' stand-alone applications listed that don't work in a host. I don't think that will work as the criteria. Hmmmmm.... :?

Any more comments anyone? How do we resolve this?

--Sean

Return to “Effects”