Zebra3 Info

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Zebra

ragout wrote:
goleat wrote:
NNevez wrote:Is a granular engine going to be part of Zebra 3?
That would be :party: !
Unfortunately no, or so it seems... :cry:
What the heck, I was hoping Zebra 3 would be THE Alchemy killer, meaning sample manipulation that would even exceed Camel Audio in every aspect. There is a huge interest for something like this, just look at the Alchemy posts and so there is a big market for it too.

Unfortunately Camel was bought by a retarded company that is unwilling to develop their own software with the billions they make,NO, they gotta have to grab it from people who use windows too. Bitwig might be next, I fear.

Synthmaster can't deliver (yet), UVI Falcon doesn't come close, so does Omnisphere 2, Harmor ain't even.

If there is somebody who can pull it of, then it is Urs. I hope he is aware of it. Please! Why not pleasing existing Zebra 2 users and all potential users that would have bought Alchemy 2? :phones:
Alchemy is great but all those synths you mentioned have some things Alchemy can´t do. Especially the granular engine in Alchemy is far behind Falcon f.e.
But i also would like to have some kind of sample import for Zebra 3, a wavetable creator, then snapshot morphs (yes Alchemy rules here). Further i would like to have a some things included which i only found in tiny iOS synths like Mitosynth where i can load up to 32 sound sources in a grid and can blend between them in any way i can imagine (polyphonic of course). Then i would like to have..... oh i´m already talking about Zebra 5 :D
I don´t think that any synth can replace another since each tool if bought for 10 bucks or 1000 can´t do exact what another can. Where most desktop synths are lack is the UI and integration for multi-touch or remote apps etc. Playing via a normal keyboard and midi controller was yesterday :wink:
So please make it touch screen friendly too!
So i take back all my wishes and just want Zebra 3 to be awesome!
For some reason i´m sure it will be!

Version 3 will be great. I believe in a logical, natural evolution of Zebra. 8)

Etienne1973 wrote:Version 3 will be great. I believe in a logical, natural evolution of Zebra. 8)
:tu:

(Why, yes. I am a U-He "Fanboi!" Gotta problem with that?)

:love:
바보

i am fairly new to zebra 2, so i am still wrapping my head around all of it. so many options, kind of overwhelming.

if zebra 3 brings too much more amazingness, my head might explode. but that is okay, bring it.

I'm so satisfied with Zebra 2 that for me just a nice, ergonomic skin update would cover all my needs for the next couple of years. But that doesn't mean that I wouldn't appreciate new ideas in Z3.

all the arppegiator functions should be assignable to the xy pads

so this way you can automate arp note lengths, arp steps number..arp rate...glide on off....arp +-semitones etc...

and also you should be able to change the arp start point.....

or have like a logarythmic contracter and expander for the steps of the arp.....like on the envelopes you have the vslope slider...there should be somethign like this on the arp and also it should be assignable..

similar to this Max4L device
Last edited by zethus909 on Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sincerely,
Zethus, twin son of Zeus

primarily though....it would be KILLER...if we could assign the arp steps and the arp starting point. those would be incredibly powerful tweaks.....if its not that hard to do idk.. i mean so that we can automate the number of arp steps from 1-16, and also automate the starting point within the steps..........but also the arp sync rate too....

i think those 3 things would be so awesome to be able to automate..you can do the effects right now in real time audio...but you cant record the automations...
Sincerely,
Zethus, twin son of Zeus

Would like to see finally more "pro" apps to add a proper multi touch experience. It´s so much more fun to use this instead of a mouse and/or trackpad sometimes.
It also let you manipulate sounds in realtime in a much better way than most controllers.
I can understand why U-he don´t maker iOS ports (but i could imagine some U-he synths on an iPad Pro) but what about the windows 10 multi-touch devices?
Sorry, it just feel boring after some time to use all these tools the oldschool way while it´s just more fun (and sounds as good as the big ones) to use some tiny muti-touch tools :D

I´we seen many good suggestions on how Zebra 3 should be. But I would like it to be a hardware synth. Digital oscillators and (if possible) at least one analog filter. Pretty much as DSI pro 2, but polyphonic and real daw integration. Why not a big touchscreen to operate main windows and then adress whatever you want to hardware knobs, and XY.

Impossible - you say?

Not for Urs - I say.

onathanj wrote:I´we seen many good suggestions on how Zebra 3 should be. But I would like it to be a hardware synth. Digital oscillators and (if possible) at least one analog filter. Pretty much as DSI pro 2, but polyphonic and real daw integration. Why not a big touchscreen to operate main windows and then adress whatever you want to hardware knobs, and XY.

Impossible - you say?

Not for Urs - I say.
Have €8000,- to spend I say?

LFO8 wrote:
onathanj wrote:I´we seen many good suggestions on how Zebra 3 should be. But I would like it to be a hardware synth. Digital oscillators and (if possible) at least one analog filter. Pretty much as DSI pro 2, but polyphonic and real daw integration. Why not a big touchscreen to operate main windows and then adress whatever you want to hardware knobs, and XY.

Impossible - you say?

Not for Urs - I say.
Have €8000,- to spend I say?
Haha. A touch-screen does not cost much, and an analog filter is what makes it expensive, since the oscillators should be digital. It won't be cheap, but not near 8000 euros.

If you would recreate a semi modular synth like Zebra in hardware, yes. I would count on spending a LOT of money.

I disagree with a hardware Zebra 3. Leave hardware to hardware people. Let u-he do what they do best - software.

I think in order for Zebra to be a HW synthesizer, it would probably have to be built to run on a system similar to the Korg Kronos which is basically a computer with it's own O/S inside a fancy midi controller.

It would probably be called ZebraHW or something..

So it is possible, but the price would probably be fairly big as the hardware version of ZebraHW would need to be heavily optimized to run in a system like this. Also you would have to factor in the AD/DA converter which would have to output 24bit/96khz at the very least. I would expect for the added cost that it have features that you could only use in ZebraHW that would attract the software zebra users. However the main reason to build a HW synth version of Zebra would be for the performer crowd who just want a HW synth that "works" once you turn it on.

So high audio quality, ZebraHW exclusive features, daw integration, touchscreens for X/Y controls, Semi-weighted keys,Knobs, Sliders, Pitch and Mod, etc and it would probably cost just as much as a Access Virus TI2. Maybe even more?

It would be nice, and i would want one no doubt. Hans Zimmer would probably buy a few. :hihi:
:borg:

as long as it has a software editor! :lol:

Return to “u-he”