MIDIcinal: an Audio->MIDI CC plug

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I did this nearly a year ago, but I'll release for beta now..

MIDIcinal is part of an occasional series 'The Acolytes': they're a collection of dedicated followers, and MIDIcinal follows the audio and converts it into a stream of CC, with selectable min/max and steps (marked as resolution).

The UI ain't the prettiest kid on the block, but one day I'll get it Mullyfied..

anyway, it's here. No manual, and before you tell me, I know the labels aren't updated when the UI opens - hey, this is a beta!

Any comments/ suggestions, let me know. I do have plans for other CC plugs, so you know.

:)

DSP

btw, I have guests over the weekend, so won't be able to check back until Monday - so make sure I have plenty to read!

:hihi:

DSP

100 views and no-one called back?

O well, such is life...

DSP

you forgot to leave your phonenumber :hihi:

dl'ing and checking it out at some point as I've tried different plugs for this through time with which I wasn't fully satisfied (then again I just must add that I hardly use software, so I might totally forget about trying it out as well)

:hihi: thx!

DSP

Did some tests in eXT.

Nice tool.
Basically it works like it should.

An issue concerning the GUI:
I tweak the params till everything suits my needs,
close the GUI, open it up again
and then all the params are defaulted on the GUI
although the plug's still working with the modified values.

Thanks for this plug.

Cheers,
tl.

I wrote:An issue concerning the GUI:
I tweak the params till everything suits my needs,
close the GUI, open it up again
and then all the params are defaulted on the GUI
although the plug's still working with the modified values.
Tested some other Betabugs plugs concerning this behavior:
Most of them work (as they should),
but I have the same problem with SpinBug.
Strange, that I didn't realize this problem before.

Cheers,
tl.

I can't claim responsibilty for spinbug (CWBuddePlug), but I did point out the UI thing inthe first post, and it isBeta!! [Rear now covered].

Good to hear it works in eXT. FL will really be the test, since it's notorious for not liking new VST, so any FL users outthere willing to test???

DSP

duncanparsons wrote:I can't claim responsibilty for spinbug (CWBuddePlug), but I did point out the UI thing inthe first post, and it isBeta!! [Rear now covered].
:oops:

I'm sorry.
I read yr first post on saturday,
downloaded the plug but had no time
to test it till today.
I should have reread it more closely
before...

Cheers,
tl.

Downloaded it and will test and come back to comment.
That's the kinda thing I like to have for FL though.

Hey, this is really useful you know. I was using Smex env2midi in conjunction with Soma's CC slew rate limiter for attack and release before, and this does it all in one.

Only useful suggestion I have is that there could be a signal boosting feature within the plugin.

Couple of bugs in XT:
  • setting release to 1ms causes massive CPU spikes. Possibly something to do with XT's redraw?
  • Having more than one instance running causes the attack/release settings to destabilise; mimicking eachother, jumping up and down when setting a value.
Just tested, and the second bug also applies to Live 5.

Cool! Bugs!

I'll have a look!

DSP

Just bumping a DSP freebie I needed to DL again ;)

Return to “Effects”