discoDSP Discovery v2.6

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

Edit: Demo is now available and pre-order offer will finish quite soon, so better take advantage of this!

We have a Discovery 2.6 demo available. Official release will follow in a couple of days. If you order Discovery v2.5 now, you will get a free update to v2.6. We also have a limited offer at KVR with a nice discount.

What's new
Added: Unison edit.
Added: Full VST 2.4 SDK compatibility. (Now works perfectly with FL6).
Added: Further SSE optimizations resulting in less CPU consumption.
Added: Full Multi-core CPU compatibility.
Added: MIDI sustain pedal support.
GUI: Pitch bend and filter drop-down menus (clicking status LEDs).

Demo can be downloaded at http://www.discodsp.com/discovery/
Any feedback will be appreciated, thanks.
Last edited by discoDSP on Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

hi, nice work, low cpu, big and sharp sounds :)
eric

New unison mode sounds great. Thanks. I wish you'd expand the UI a bit so some of the menu functions had dedicated controls (unison, randomize, oversampling etc).

Glad I bought this a while ago.

nice noise :P
but a better synth
Make Your Voice Heard!!
EUROPEAN VAPERS PROTEST 29th 2.00PM.It saved my life.

So still no simultaneous editing of parameters? :/

The unison mode is a step up, but I still have to select it every single time I move a knob. And then go in and change the pan and detune settings.
♫♪♫♫♪♫

if I select Triple unison then Quad or QuadSub.. I no longer get any sound.. the noise hiss (demo mode) will sound... and the cpu meter is active.. but there is absolutely no sound..

even when I switch to single or double unison there is still no notes sounded...

also.. will there be a way to control the unison detune amount on final release??

I see the problem.. when I select the unison Quad.. the Gain parameter automatically jumps to 0 (off)

also.. will there be a way to control the unison detune amount on final release??
If you open unison.cfg with a text editor like notepad you will notice presets can be added and edited.
Last edited by discoDSP on Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A new version is up. It seems unison file got corrupted somehow and wasn't working properly.

... I REALLY like this synth, man - nice work! In considering the special offer, or even were I to miss it, however - I must ask; Is the "not for commercial use" restriction in the licensing agreement, for the demo version only, or is it applicable to registered versions as well? I noted this restriction within HighLifes license as well. I do understand your covering your ass, with regards to "sampling" potentialities, that can be exploited with your offerings, but - how far does it go?

thanks

der_gary wrote:... I REALLY like this synth, man - nice work! In considering the special offer, or even were I to miss it, however - I must ask; Is the "not for commercial use" restriction in the licensing agreement, for the demo version only, or is it applicable to registered versions as well? I noted this restriction within HighLifes license as well. I do understand your covering your ass, with regards to "sampling" potentialities, that can be exploited with your offerings, but - how far does it go?

thanks
I would just want to know WHO would come sue me if I did use it commercially? Anything I pay for I'd want to be able to use commercially. If it's a freebie, and I can't, I can understand, but not if I pay good money.

Devon
Simple music philosophy - Those who can, make music. Those who can't, make excuses.
Read my VST reviews at Traxmusic!

der_gary wrote:... I REALLY like this synth, man - nice work! In considering the special offer, or even were I to miss it, however - I must ask; Is the "not for commercial use" restriction in the licensing agreement, for the demo version only, or is it applicable to registered versions as well? I noted this restriction within HighLifes license as well. I do understand your covering your ass, with regards to "sampling" potentialities, that can be exploited with your offerings, but - how far does it go?
Of course commercial use is allowed when you buy Discovery. We do not allow that with demo versions only.

why is it not possible to define the detune amount of the unison?

It is. Open unison.cfg with a text editor like notepad. New presets can be added and modified.

Return to “Instruments”