Augustus MIDI note on trouble in Ableton Live 5.2

Official support for: expertsleepers.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there!

I just bought Augustus Loop and I can't get MIDI note on message to work properly. I use an Oxygen8, sending note-ons via MIDI channel #2. I created a MIDI track with input from the Oxygen8, and output to an audio track -> and the looper. The monitor on the MIDI track says the note messages are going through. And the looper is set to accept MIDI from channel 1 & 2 (all according to the manual). CC messages on MIDI channel 1 are working.

Still no reaction.

What is wrong?

Best wishes,
Ola

I just tried this myself, and indeed it doesn't seem to work. I'll look into it when I get home.
cheers,
os.

Yo la tengo.

Setting the MIDI input to "All channels" makes it work.

Great!

Hi,

this is actually a bug in Live - it seems that when Live sends the note on messages through to my plug-in it always forces them to arrive on channel 1.

I'll report this to Ableton - in the meantime, using the "all channels" setting is a good workaround.

cheers,
os.

os wrote: this is actually a bug in Live - it seems that when Live sends the note on messages through to my plug-in it always forces them to arrive on channel 1.

I'll report this to Ableton - in the meantime, using the "all channels" setting is a good workaround.
os.
oh. that sounds like a rather silly bug. thanks for the quick reponse.

and above all - thanks for a GREAT plugin!

/ola

Apparently this is a "feature" of Live, not a bug:
http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 187#305187
Do let Ableton know if you disagree with their decision.

Return to “Expert Sleepers”