AlgoMusic and BKSynthlabs release Enceladus

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all

SURPRISE!!! Now you know why we have been so quiet as of late!! Please download the demo and give comments. We also have MP3's on the AMB page, so have a listen.

========================================================

AlgoMusic and BK SynthLab present
E N C E L A D U S VSTi

Enceledus VSTi represents the first in a series of collaborations between AlgoMusic and BK SynthLab. From liquid leads, glassy silky pads to upfront basses and trance evolving arps, sequences and synths, Enceledus puts your music into orbit.

Enceladus is inspired by one of the many moons orbiting the ringed planet Saturn and brought to light by the Cassini probe mission.

Enceladus Features

* Two oscillators, each with 32 waveforms. Sync, voice detune, and filter allocation for each oscillator as well as keyboard on-off function.
* Two Filters, each with 3 filter types (Low pass, High pass and Band pass) with 2x serial filters for richer filter sounds. Separate keyboard tracking and envelope modulation controls are provided.
* Five ADSR style graphical envelope generators with fixed allocations to Amp, Filter1, Filter2, and 2 user mod envelopes.
* Three LFO's (Low Frequency oscillators) with separate FM and Sample hold controls.
* Two separate step sequencers each with BPM synced selections and smooth controls. Steps can be 8, 16 or 32 steps.
* Comprehensive Modulation Matrix with two targets per source.
* Glide, Poly/ mono selections and Arpegiator controls with 6 arp types and hold (latch) feature.
* Five different effects (Stereo delay,Stereo reverb, Chorus, Phaser and 4 band EQ with separate frequency and Q controls.)
* Background color editor and colored patch by type allocations.
*Patch display editor by author, category and name.
* Separate LFO for global vibrato setting for mod wheel.
* 144 presets by Tim Conrardy, Boris K and David Haupt

Demo link

http://www.algomusic.net/downloads/EnceladusDemo.zip

Pricing:
$49.99 USD 37.54 EUR

For more information visit the AMB page our web site

http://www.algomusic.net/amb.html

AlgoMusic
http://www.algomusic.net

Hi Tim,

Congrats for another amazing synth!!! :shock:

Hmmmm I thought you were sleeping man.

Nice job again or as always Tim and I assume the good Doctor has had his hands in this also.

Thanks,

Curt

I'm not having much luck determining how to access the step sequencer, and this despite having read the manual. It says: The step sequence can be turned on by clicking into the rate display and selecting a BPM rate. What rate display? Sorry, I'm just playing the dumb guy today. :)
We escape the trap of our own subjectivity by
perceiving neither black nor white but shades of grey

It looks like a Boris K. Synth. How does it sound?
The source of light is darkness

Try the demo dude. It's amazing and fun as hell to program!

Mike

The step sequencer is on the right-hand side in the middle (says STEP SEQ). Actually, the step sequencer is DRAWN on - you actually can draw on it to move, create, erase those little lines that make up the graphic. The number of steps indicates the number of lines (the more steps, the finer the lines and the less steps the less lines you can draw with).

There is an A and a B step sequencer so you can make complex rhythms.

I will ask Tim to add more detail to this section, as step sequencers are already hard enough WITH good directions.

Now go and play!!!

Mike

Karmacomposer wrote:The step sequencer is on the right-hand side in the middle (says STEP SEQ). Actually, the step sequencer is DRAWN on - you actually can draw on it to move, create, erase those little lines that make up the graphic. The number of steps indicates the number of lines (the more steps, the finer the lines and the less steps the less lines you can draw with).
When I scroll through the presets, I see that some have the step sequencer and some don't. With the ones that do, I can indeed draw and erase and change steps. But I don't see how to actually turn it on in those presets where it's off. Am I just not seeing the obvious? Again? :D

When I get back to my office I will write some more instructions for you.

Mike

eduardo_b wrote:I'm not having much luck determining how to access the step sequencer, and this despite having read the manual. It says: The step sequence can be turned on by clicking into the rate display and selecting a BPM rate. What rate display? Sorry, I'm just playing the dumb guy today. :)
If you look above on the screen shot, and right below the SEQ window , it says 1/8. Click into that, and you can select another BPM rate. There is also a selection to have NONE and that actually turns it off.

Does that make sense??

Tim

tconrardy wrote:
eduardo_b wrote:I'm not having much luck determining how to access the step sequencer, and this despite having read the manual. It says: The step sequence can be turned on by clicking into the rate display and selecting a BPM rate. What rate display? Sorry, I'm just playing the dumb guy today. :)
If you look above on the screen shot, and right below the SEQ window , it says 1/8. Click into that, and you can select another BPM rate. There is also a selection to have NONE and that actually turns it off.

Does that make sense??

Tim
Yes, it makes sense, but really only after realizing that I had to click on the OFF value to get the list menu for other settings. There are no BPM values showing when both A and B are OFF (first preset in list), and thus it's not obvious that these are where the BPM rates are located. Until one (that would be me) discovers that the OFF setting is changed right there. I think it might help to expand the instructions to indicate that the sequencer is turned on and off there, and when changed from off there are values to choose from. Thanks for your help, as always. :)

In the graphic above, look under the STEP SEQ window and you will see the SMOOTH window. See the 1/8th and 1/24th windows. The 1/8th window is step sequencer A and the 1/24th is step sequencer B. If you click on each one of those, it opens a drop-down box and you can choose the rate for each one. None turns them off as Tim said above.

Below those two boxes are small on/off buttons. If you press the left one, that displays step sequencer A - you can edit A now - and if you press the right button, that will display step sequencer B - now you can edit B.

I hope that clears that up.

Mike

Karmacomposer wrote:In the graphic above, look under the STEP SEQ window and you will see the SMOOTH window. See the 1/8th and 1/24th windows. The 1/8th window is step sequencer A and the 1/24th is step sequencer B. If you click on each one of those, it opens a drop-down box and you can choose the rate for each one. None turns them off as Tim said above.

Below those two boxes are small on/off buttons. If you press the left one, that displays step sequencer A - you can edit A now - and if you press the right button, that will display step sequencer B - now you can edit B.

I hope that clears that up.

Mike
MIke,

Please see my reply to Tim. It just didn't dawn on me that the OFF labels were where the menus were. Might be just me that didn't pick up on this, although being slightly more specific in the manual might help others who share my lack of intuition. Thanks for the attentive responses.

When I scroll through the presets, I see that some have the step sequencer and some don't. With the ones that do, I can indeed draw and erase and change steps. But I don't see how to actually turn it on in those presets where it's off. Am I just not seeing the obvious? Again?
----

Hi I'd like to know the answer to this question too please!

1 :)
Original Site: http://www.thetheoryofone.com

New site: Image

One wrote:
When I scroll through the presets, I see that some have the step sequencer and some don't. With the ones that do, I can indeed draw and erase and change steps. But I don't see how to actually turn it on in those presets where it's off. Am I just not seeing the obvious? Again?
----

Hi I'd like to know the answer to this question too please!

1 :)

You click into the display in the step seq window where it says "OFF" and select a BPM rate, and that turns it on.

Tim

Return to “AlgoMusic”