Battery 3 Library question

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

How much of the 12gb's are actually useable sounds? I've been a Battery 1 user for quite some time but the thought of upgrading with 12gb's is pretty tempting.

Only question is, are there 1gb snares on this disk :D I was very dissapointed with DFH Superior thinking, 'I don't like the user interface but I can always load the waves up in Battery' only to discover that there are about 1 million whisper snares for layers and bleed. Is this the case with Battery or will I have access to 12gb's of full level samples for use in creating my own kits?

Thanks in advance

I had Battery when it first came out but then I went on to use other drum vsti's But I have Battery 3 now and it is the best no contest. Now I wonder why I went away from it in the first place, or is it Battery 3 is a lot better now I can't remember from all that way back.
The kits are all very usable. You can mix and match snares, kicks, hats as you know and there is a lot a lot of them. I just like the sound of all the kits they really cut through the mix. I have BFD and the kits in that all sounded soft and week but that is just my preference. I have not tried DFH Superior so I can't comment on that. The NI web site has audio demos of most of the kits in Battery 3. Check them out
http://www.nativeinstruments.de/index.p ... ibrary3_us
hope this helps

I like to do something similar to the RANDOMAX idea (of switching out different drum sounds for the same rhythm). I have Kontakt Experience which has a drum computer script built in. Once I create a beat in KE, you can very quickly port in any of the 100 Battery 3 kits, and get completely different (and inspiring) sounding rhythms. Some good stuff there.

Funniest kit: Artillary. Who the hell thought of this one!? Give it a listen if you haven't already.

-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Thanks for the help!

Return to “Instruments”