Replacement P-Bass bridge saddles

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Does anyone know where I could mail order some bridge saddles for a Squier P-Bass Special? I had never really set it up properly, and when I tried to raise the bridge saddles a little I found out that one of the saddles has had the hex screw cross threaded into it.

I went to local guitar stores, and all they have are new bridges. I don't really want to have to fit a new bridge - all I need is a replacement saddle. I googled it but didn't really find anywhere.

What is a good online source for Squier bass parts?

In my town theres a shop which builds custom guitars and basses and dose a lot of repairs. Maybe you can find the parts your looking for in a shop like that. Maybe they could even make that part for you, althought that might be a bit expensive but then again maybe not as expensive as buying a new bridge?

Dude you are posting on wrong forum. Try this one. And don't forget about that magic button there.

You could get a replacement saddle... but I'm almost thinking you might want to look into getting a new bridge, like one of those Badass Bridges.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Large range of parts : http://www.wdmusic.com/
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Gregjazz wrote:You could get a replacement saddle... but I'm almost thinking you might want to look into getting a new bridge, like one of those Badass Bridges.
I think his question was WHERE he can buy a replacement :)

I don't really want to replace the bridge unless I have to. After all, there's nothing wrong with it, just a cross threaded screw. I've tried local stores, but it's almost impossible to find the repair guys and the sales guys just want to sell me a complete bridge.

robojam wrote:I don't really want to replace the bridge unless I have to. After all, there's nothing wrong with it, just a cross threaded screw. I've tried local stores, but it's almost impossible to find the repair guys and the sales guys just want to sell me a complete bridge.
I wouldnt wanna replace the whole bridge for that either. Isnt it possible to replace just the screw?

Get a Badass II and make it work!
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

Barf wrote:
robojam wrote:I don't really want to replace the bridge unless I have to. After all, there's nothing wrong with it, just a cross threaded screw. I've tried local stores, but it's almost impossible to find the repair guys and the sales guys just want to sell me a complete bridge.
I wouldnt wanna replace the whole bridge for that either. Isnt it possible to replace just the screw?
Possibly, but I don't know if it's the sort of thing I could pick up at a hardware store. I might run into the same problem as replacing the saddle.

robojam wrote:
Barf wrote:
Possibly, but I don't know if it's the sort of thing I could pick up at a hardware store. I might run into the same problem as replacing the saddle.
Thats indeed possible, depends a bit on the country you live in i guess. I remember a thread not too long ago about someone not being able to find the right size wrench for a adjusting the neck or something (or maybe that was you? :) ).
I lost a saddle-screw of my fender j-bass usa once, wasnt able to get the right screw at any hardware store here in Holland but the store i mentioned earlier had exactly the right thing, they buy up old broken basses too, just so they can re-use parts again for repairs etc. I dont live in a big city, so there must a similar store somewhere where you live? :)
Maybe look in the yellow pages or google for 'custom guitar builders' or something? But maybe you already tried that...

I guess I might have more luck in a small hardware store. I'll probably have to take out the existing screw with pliers and ruin it in the process. If the saddle is still OK I might take it to some hardware stores and see what they have.

Return to “Instruments”