weird problem with my audiocard

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have an audiocard connected to my laptop via firewire.
My audiocard and my laptop are both connected to a power supply and tension stabilizer.
First of all, I have to say that I'm running into stability problems with this audiocard: sometimes it seems to randomly freeze, and there's no way to reintegrate the communication with my laptop but rebooting and starting again.
Now here's the fact:
Yesterday, while listening sonme music from my audiocard, I was going to clean my freezer from some frost...when I unplugged my freezer from the main, my audiocard suddently stopped sounding, and I had to reboot my laptop!
I tried to reproduce this several times, it appened all the time, plugging and unplugging...
I also tried with the boiler...it's just the same.
Why? Is there a solution?
Cerca almeno di essere l'uomo che il tuo cane immagina tu sia.

Why this happens? Because a dip (sudden decrease + increase) in mains power is upsetting your picky FW device.

What's a "tension stabilizer" btw? Can you use that in political instable regions? If you meant a "power conditioner" I'd test with another one. Seems this one doesn't work like it's supposed to...
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

BertKoor wrote:What's a "tension stabilizer" btw? Can you use that in political instable regions?
:lol: :lol:
thank for the reply BertKoor, and sorry for my bad italian-influenced english.... ("power conditioner" in italian is "stabilizzatore di tensione")

Maybe I have to try with a better one....some advices based on your experiences?
Cerca almeno di essere l'uomo che il tuo cane immagina tu sia.

Sorry, I don't have any experience with power stabilizer. But I always suspected the really cheap ones actually don't do anything. Your experience seems to confirm this.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”