A once coldplayesque song - THE REMIX

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello everybody!

This a first demo of my new song. I used some Coldplay-typical elements in there while trying to keep my own style.

Any comments and tips for improving the song are very welcome. :)

Talvin Jones - You and Me_early demo.mp3 (6 MB)
Last edited by Talvin on Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.

That intro piano riff? drop an octave. In fact, try it on a violin. :wink:

Nice feel though, offers a nod, as you say, to 'Clocks', but not too similar to be a rip off. my one criticism would be that the parts are are very blocky. You can almost hear the cut'n'paste bits. This was either a contrived attempt to copy Coldplay's staccato style or, an accident caused by too many instruments stopping dead at the end of a bar. To cure this, listen to each instrument alone, then add the next. For sure, you will find the culprits, and the whole song will sound a little more organic.

Nice tune though.
http://chrisamusic.bandcamp.com/
"It's square to be hip"

Thanks for listening. You're absolutely right about those blocky parts. I wanted to finish a first demo so that's the prize for it.
:-)
Thanks for the compliment though.

Talvin wrote:Thanks for listening. You're absolutely right about those blocky parts. I wanted to finish a first demo so that's the prize for it.
:-)
Thanks for the compliment though.
NP man. 8)

For what it's worth, I personally look forward to hearing your new stuff more than most others around here. You have a gift for melody, keep it up.
http://chrisamusic.bandcamp.com/
"It's square to be hip"

I don't post a lot here because people don't seem to reply. When I posted my last song "Anyone", I got no answers at all. Some weeks later the song even was played on German radio as best newcomer-of-the-week song. Don't know what the problem is really.

Talvin wrote:Thanks :-).
I don't post a lot here because people don't seem to reply. When I posted my last song "Anyone", I got no answers at all. Some weeks later the song even was played on German radio as best newcomer-of-the-week song. Don't know what the problem is really.
Don't be afraid to bump.... some of us don't have a lot of time to reply to each post but if it gets enough attention we are more likely to have a listen....
Good tune.
dano
"In a sky full of people, only some want to fly,
Isn’t that crazy?"

Great song !!!
Congrats !!

Being a big coldplay song i had reservations, but i really like it. As Manc Chris said the beginning melody needs to be either octave-shifted or different instrument as i think it gets lost in the mix a bit, which is a shame as i think it should be more prominant. Apart from that i really like it. Good work :)

I don't think this sounds like Coldplay at all. Well.. maybe a little bit ;-)
I used to listen to a lot of music like this and your song sounds very much like other stuff I've heard before but I can't really pinpoint it to a particular band. So on the one hand you have music that sounds quite familiar, but on the other hand you have a degree of some unique sound.
If I'd still be into buying music, I'd definately buy this song. Sounds very nice on my headphones, enjoying it lots! So keep up the good work :tu:
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

just listening now,

it is definitely a very good song :-)
good voice and arrangement.
not too coldplayesque, which is good ;-)
tho I dont mind a coldplay song from once in a while.

I agree with the others on the intro,
and for me the drums are a bit too upfront in the mix,
but maybe its only my crappy pc speakers here at work.
the piano sounds a bit drowned by the drums,
and I almost cant hear a bass.

I think the part after the chorus sounds like Coldplay, but I also wanted to bring in some Talvin elements. ;-)
Thanks for listening and all the replies. So this forum is not that bad at all. :-)

Talvin wrote:Hello everybody!

This a first demo of my new song. I used some Coldplay-typical elements in there while trying to keep my own style.

Any comments and tips for improving the song are very welcome. :)

Talvin Jones - You and Me_early demo.mp3 (6 MB)
It's pretty clear Talvin wasn't trying to sound like Coldplay. :? He simply stated that he used some elements typical of the band which I agree. :wink: :)
dano
"In a sky full of people, only some want to fly,
Isn’t that crazy?"

you know how i know youre gay?
...cause you like Coldplay...
haha

Kinda funny person, eh? Hope you can convince my wife,too.

Talvin wrote:Kinda funny person, eh? Hope you can convince my wife,too.
haha no, it's from "The 40-year old virgin" and its hilarious.
Not a personal insult, i really like the song :D

dont take me seriously :P

Return to “Music Cafe”