CopyShop feature wish

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Mr Ninja from Shuriken,

thanks for realeasing those very nice plugins!

If you don't mind I'd like to post a little feature request that should not be too hard to implement and that would make me happy:

could you add a wet/dry control to CopyShop (and by the way to your other vst if you find it is a good idea)?

It would be of great use for me when using it live in some plugins configuration. In fact I will use the control to 100% wet, to avoid the non-glitched sound to go thru the plugins..

Thank you in advance if you can waste a little time on thism or even if you just add it to you to do list ;-)

Thanks again to sharing your plugins, really cool.

I dont understand your request. if you only want effects on or of that is the same as the shopping parameter. either it is on or it is not.

Regarding the wet/dry parameter feature in general it is a very good idea, but it is my firm belive that it should be the host's responsibility to have that feature. I know that Live does not, but I really think it should.

I wont implement this feature since I belive that the host should be the implementor of this feature.

Thanks for your kind words regarding the plugins.
Shuriken.se, sonic weapons for the music ninja!

Hi Larsby,

thanks for your reply. Concerning the responsability of the wet/dry parameters, I did not think of that but you are most probably right.

In fact, I certainly did not express correctly what I meant. My host does have a standard wet/dry parameters. More precisely I can decide the ratio between the direct signal (as if there were no plugin) and the signal that is output by the plugin. That's ok.

However, this is sometimes not sufficient in my opinion, and some plugins I use have their own additional wet/dry control, sometimes with special meaning, that in some case do the trick I am looking for.

Concerning the feature for CopyShop that I "requested" (consider that my host is set on 100% wet):
When the "Copy" button of CopyShop is not pressed, then CopyShop let the signal goes through itself unmodified. Then when I press the button CopyShop ouputs only the copied looped sample.

What I would like is that CopyShop does not let the signal goes through when the button is not pressed, but instead does not ouptut any sound in this case (this would correspond to 100% wet).

In this case it is not exactly a wet/dry control that I like but more a "volume for the direct sounds when the coyp button is released" (and right now I would set it to 0)

I hope I clarified my first post. Thanks again for your reply.

/-------
www.sonatique.net

I think what you need is http://www.shuriken.se/index.php?option ... &Itemid=29 together with copyshop.

Hi Larsby,

thanks again for your reply, and for your suggestion. Following the idea of using another plugin to gate CopyShop, I have been able to do what I wanted.

best regards.

Your feature suggestion was really another plug, one that I've already made. Sweet isnt it? and a jungle, many many free plugs to choose from!

Return to “Shuriken”