More channels please!

Official English support for: maizesoft.cn
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

first of all it's a very nice product! Respect!

I would like to release my own sample collection (contains around 50 samples).

All samples are provided singly from C3 to C5 (36 notes from each sample).

Maize just let me import only 16 channels - to less for me in this case :-)

So what about some more channels? ;)

It makes no sense if i must split my collection to 5 single vsti-exports...

You can think about using layers. Every instrument in maize sampler features 12 different layers which can be switched by keys or mod wheel.

Yep that's possible but i think it's to difficult and unclear for the user.

They want to skip trough the samples fast and easily.

It has been more clear for layers since V1.3. Because every layers has a name now.

Yeah but layers are not supposed to be used like this ;) The samples is in this case limited to 192 samples (12 layers with multi-notes x 16 channels) right?

Just look at "Kompakt" (i know you know it hehe):

Yeah, I understand what you mean.

The Kompakt does not provide more channels than Maize Sampler. It has only eight :) However, it support dynamic load of diffrent sound libraries. That is to say the users could load any instrument library to any channels. That's really a good idea. I think we will consider about this in V1.4.

Thanks.

The sampler should

If you do that in 1.4 i buy it! ;)

That will be also the end of the sample cds with wav-files i think ;)

So far I like this product, having briefly tried the demo. It's too bad the resulting vst's exported from this cool app do not have much in the way of editing capability for customers of our synths.

However, considering the price, if you were just going to make a rudimentary rompler with little or no editing allowed, this is perfect.

I LOVE the sample editing/mapping - very intuitive.

Mike

@Karmacompose:

If i want to edit some of the samples from romplers i always use external effect plugins.

Of course Maizesoft can add many effects but nobody knows if they are good enough for all users.

I do have one last question, then I think I may buy this. How would I, as a preset designer of my samples, create presets using multiple samples?

Say, for example, I wanted to make a complex guitar preset using 8 different multisamples, the way I am used to doing it is to create 8 multisample files. Each one of those goes into a layer (for 8 layers) and I then edit the volume, ADSR and panning for each one. Now, when the user plays that preset, they are hearing the mixing of all 8 layers as one preset - not necessarily across 8 midi channels, but playing all at once. How is this achieved in Maizesoft?

Mike

Last question:

Is the exported Maizesoft VST's capable of syncing to the Host DAW's tempo?

Mike

Say, for example, I wanted to make a complex guitar preset using 8 different multisamples, the way I am used to doing it is to create 8 multisample files. Each one of those goes into a layer (for 8 layers) and I then edit the volume, ADSR and panning for each one. Now, when the user plays that preset, they are hearing the mixing of all 8 layers as one preset - not necessarily across 8 midi channels, but playing all at once. How is this achieved in Maizesoft?
There's a Stack Layers check box in Instrument Settings.
Is the exported Maizesoft VST's capable of syncing to the Host DAW's tempo?
I don't think it does now, and don't expect it to come soon either.

Hmmm, so that makes motion effects impossible, doesn't it? One thing I want to accomplish is motion effects that negates the need for someone to use external effects, such as delay or gating - otherwise, they would not need my presets.

I would like to know if this will be added at some point.

Mike

Will delay, chorus and a gate ever be added to this? It would literally make it the perfect solution for me if those were added.

Mike

Mike, I know what you are after. But it's something we cannot promise due to various reasons, business considerations included.

Also we hope to keep Maize Sampler more to the sampler trait instead of the synth trait, even though there'll be overlaps unavoidably.

Return to “Maizesoft”