Reaper and NINJAM

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

One of my reasons for investigating Reaper is because I want to use NINJAM with VSTis. Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be any documentation on how to get this working on the wiki or in the manual and when I load the ReaNINJAM plugin, it just comes up with "error". What else do I need to know?

(I've basically just downloaded the latest Reaper, installed the lot and set up an empty project. I can get a VSTi to sound :) but no joy with NINJAM.)

Not sure what it takes, but it works fine for me just by inserting it in an FX slot. I have the standalone NINJAM installed already, maybe you need to have both?

Ah, that could be it... For some reason, I thought it was embedded in the plugin but maybe it just "wraps" the client, which makes sense.

Anyway, I got the linux client running with JACK, which is excellent. Had a bit of a play with Hydrogren.

Now, LUNA runs under WINE with wineasio (albeit with severe problems) and that lets me route to JACK, too. Way cool! (It would be better if LUNA's output wasn't distorting: somewhere something's dropping samples like mad...)

pljones wrote:Ah, that could be it... For some reason, I thought it was embedded in the plugin but maybe it just "wraps" the client, which makes sense.

Anyway, I got the linux client running with JACK, which is excellent. Had a bit of a play with Hydrogren.
Are you trying to use ReaNinjam with Ubuntu?

On XP, it's just a matter of adding ReaNinjam as a plugin (usually on the Master channel) and selecting File > Connect from the ReaNinjam Console to connect to a server.

Cheers,

Malcolm.
5, 4, 3, ..

I was just missing the Windows ninjam client install to get Reaper working.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”