Convert pattern files from RM1X, MC-505, etc, to MIDI files?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Can this be done? I've searched and searched on the internet and I can't find anything that will do this. I want to use the patterns with my softsynths. P5 has a great feature where you can scroll through pattern files and they'll preview automatically, played by what ever synth you have selected. If a drum loop is going, It kinda jumpstarts musical ideas. Would'nt it be great to do that with patterns from those hardware grooveboxes?
"The Law speaks too softly to be heard amid the din of arms." -- Gaius Marius {Roman consul,soldier}

Nobody interested?
"The Law speaks too softly to be heard amid the din of arms." -- Gaius Marius {Roman consul,soldier}

Bump?

RM1X allows you to chain your sections / convert to song and export as Midi file - read the manual.

FaX wrote:RM1X allows you to chain your sections / convert to song and export as Midi file - read the manual.
I did that with my RM1X before I sold it. Never got round to chopping up the files to the patterns though.
Some of my music Soundcloud Goseba

RM1X allows you to chain your sections / convert to song and export as Midi file - read the manual.
Yes I understand about that. What I'm trying to do is to convert the patterns themselves. I don't own the RM1X, don't have access to one, but I know where to DL some patterns. I want to convert them to MIDI files inside my computer with some sort of converting tool - if there even is one. If not that's fine, I just want to see if there is.

The answer (as far as the rm1x goes) is no, it can't be done without the aid of an rm1x. There's no software available to do it.

The answer (as far as the rm1x goes) is no, it can't be done without the aid of an rm1x. There's no software available to do it.

Ah, well. I guess the same goes for the Roland grooveboxes as well as the Quasimidi ones too. Just a thought.

I know I am late, but I can send you the patterns you want in midi, but hey, maybe you have found an RM1x in the last 11 years :)

Old thread but I’m interested in getting hold of them!

Return to “Instruments”