XFade Looper 2.1.5, crashbug in MU.LAB 1.0 on changing .fxp

Official support for: expertsleepers.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi!

Seems like Crossfade Loopsynth kills MU.LAB 1.0 dead when you try to open/change .fxp files.

[wild conjecture]
Not sure if I'm making this up but it seems to be related to mouse movement immediately after you load a program. Also, the chance of the bug occuring seems to increase over time as you flip back and forth between .fxp in a single instance of Loopsynth.
[/wild conjecture]

Mac Mini intel, OSX 10.4.8

Marco :)

Hi,

what's MU.LAB, and what is an fxp file?

Do you see the same problem with Crossfade Loop Synth 3.0.3? It's a long while since the v2.x branch saw any bugfixes, so it might be a problem I already fixed in v3.x.

Also if you wanted to send me a crash log, that might help.

cheers,
os.

hehe :D

MU.LAB is a new VST host and a very promising one I might add. It's only 1.0 at this point.

I haven't upgraded to Crossfade Looper 3.XX yet, I understand it's 30 Eur or so? I tried it months ago and I keep meaning to get the update, looks tasty! :)

So far as I understand, XXYY.fxp is a VST/VSTi setting file,muchlike an instrument patch. the 'b' in fxb means bank I guess and p would be program I think. It's very similar to AU settings in Logic.

I'll try and make it crash and post the log.

But hey, I posted this a few forums down in the MU.LAB forums too, maybe it's on their side.

Marco :)

I just got what I expect is the same crash with the latest Crossfade Loop Synth and MU.LAB.

Looking at the crash log, I think this is their bug. I'll contact them direct.

os wrote:I just got what I expect is the same crash with the latest Crossfade Loop Synth and MU.LAB.

Looking at the crash log, I think this is their bug. I'll contact them direct.
OK, the good thing is that os and i are quite sure about the very problem of the crash.

At this point i disagree that it's mu.lab's fault.

Now we're looking for the proper solution.

Problem is that the VST specs are (again) not clear on certain things.

We're researching this further.

On further investigation this probably is my bug. Sorry for jumping to conclusions.

Bonteburg, if my theory is correct, the crash would only happen if the plug-in's GUI is not shown. With the GUI on screen, the crash would not happen when loading a new fxp. Is that what you see?

Hi Os!

Seems like your theory is correct (if my less than rigid testng is anything to go by - loaded .fxp after .fxp for a minute or so , first .fxp after I zapped the GUI - pouf!)

If you don't fix this in 2.1.5 with 3.X already in place it won't be the end of the world I reckon, I can see myself upgrading at some point or other, and having the GUI be visible during loading is a more than decent workaround.

:D

I just posted an updated version of v3 and v2.

cheers,
os.

Return to “Expert Sleepers”