RazorWire1

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Some noise

watch your speakers maybe

http://www.fingermarks.co.uk/music/razorwire1.mp3

404 error file not found

Strange? - try now :)

Now works.

Oh hang on I'm deleting this version. It was fine as a wav but something's gone screwy with the stereo field in the mp3 version (feck knows why). Re uploading it now.

5 mins and it will be there :)
Last edited by aMUSEd on Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

There are some interesting passages in here. It sounds like a robot courting ritual. Some bits are a bit piercing...

What did you use to do this? I know you have a considerable amount of cool stuff. parts of it remind me of the V-Synth but I think the V aliases more on the high notes than is evident in this track. Nord modular perhaps?

Anyhow, this is a really cool piece but I think it would be cool-er if you added some lush reverb for atmosphere and depth.

Sorry that version was corrupted in some way - everything is panned left so the right channel's very thin and the sound isn't as full as it was supposed to be (though its supposed to have some sharp sections). Don't know how it happened but something in the conversion to mp3. Try now please :)

Upon second listen I'm almost certain it's the V-Synth, my previous comments still stand.

This piece is quite wickEd, actually, and I quite like it. This is a very interplanetary vibe you have created here. Its got a very timeless feel.

maybe a little more verb here and there for the sake of opening it up. I was actually looking for more chorus, and flanging, but that is severely imho.

cheers

Hi - this is made with Massive actually - V-Synth's filters are not quite as resonant as this. Also V-Synth has a very high quality built in Reverb but Massive doesn't - maybe I should add some.

I like this too but I agree it could use a bit of reverb.:)

Sound perfect for a sci-fi movie ! A really strange/original piece of work !

Mrstew

OK try this:

http://www.fingermarks.co.uk/music/razorwire2.mp3

the problem with reverb and this sort of complex material is it tends in my experience to damp out some of the subtleties but I've used just a touch of Virsyn Reflect which isn't too bad. I've also enhanced the stereo field a bit more which might actually do more for the spatiality than the reverb.

btw I forgot to say but the patch used was originally from Biomechanoid's Retaliation soundset (though somewhat modified by me) so it's probably right that it would lend itself to film type work.

Oh yes, as with many of my pieces this is based on a single sound. I'm very much a minimalist in this way and prefer to explore the inner life of a sound than just pile them on top of each other. That's just me - I'm the sort of person who gets blown away by the beauty contained in a single flower more than the effect of huge swathes of them.

yeah! excellent & atmospheric stuff steve! amazing what you do with just one patch 8) i certainly wouldn't have realized if you hadn't said.

thanks

col
"Its my firm belief that its a mistake to hold firm beliefs"
https://soundcloud.com/biomechanoid

DAMN it's been a while since you posted a song.

I grabbed it and will most likely be back tomorrow with some vile slander.

Return to “Music Cafe”