3am - Truncated (unfinished sketch)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm pretty sick, my ears don't work right, and I'm bored so I started working on some ideas for songs... unfortunately my darling cat jumped on my bed and knocked the firewire cable out of my harddrive causing the project I was working on to become corrupted :( I had exported the sketch I was working on (which was intended to be two different but related songs) and Jazzyspoon seemed to like it so I figured I'd post it as is.

truncated

I suppose if I had a three peice band (and each member was me) this is what we might sound like.

Thanks,
3am :)

(edit)
Oh, P.S... the mix sucks and the arrangement is all over the place

that was a pretty sweet track mate. what are you sick with? Like a winter flu? I used to get those living in LA, something is always going around that city this time of year.

anyways, feel better, cheers

just heard it once and on my laptop speakers, so not much to say about arrangement or mixing, but your song sounded pretty cool, all the parts in dialogue, rather nice mood shifts. or maybe i just dig your work.

cheers, and get well soon :)
member of the guild of professional dilettantes.

Very friendly-listening, nice bass sound. Is it you singing ?
You can't always get what you waaaant...

Great listen...being sick is no fun but its bizarre mind-expanding qualities can have an excellent affect on creative endeavors. Trust me, I know. Not suggesting you try it more often but it certainly worked for you here.

Image+Image+3amImage=

I am having way too much fun with smilies this week.

This track gets more awesome each time I listen to it. A very smart composition. And who out there couldn't appreciate intelligent psuedo-Japanese hyperspacejazz?!?! Seriously! :)

I must try this new "cold medicine" workflow of yours sometime.

Get well soon, brother.

1 bump for the cootie machine....

nice work, love the drumpattern, maybe it could have more "punch" but the programming is cool as f**k and the vocals work nice too.
there is a perpetual immanence of absolute within relative (D&G)

Congratulation man, even sick you rock ! :)

The base is smooth and jazzy, mixed with electro sound and feeling..It's super-giga nice Mr.3AM...

Try to get in bed before 3AM, maybe it will help your health ;)
(what a joke)

Mrstew

Incredibly good that! The sounds are all nicely twisted, the jazzy vibe is delish, and the J-talk is always a sexy move. I love your beats man, and it was great to hear that burst of fast stuff. If this is your I'm sick and uninspired track we should all be looking over our shoulders! :love:
Image Image

avant j-dub electronica ... what's not to like? sounds like the product of a feverish mind; the 'logic' is waaaaaaaaaaaay out there. have you worked through squarepusher's go plastic? it would i think speak to you.

Thanks everyone!!1! I'm back from the hospital having found that my bad cough was actually... pneumonia, yay!!1! I really appreciate all the kind words (and the the similies especially :D ). Rick, I'm a huge fan of "Go Plastic" as well as "Music is rotted on note...", though I feel that is where our friend Tom started getting wrapped up in his greatness.

The bass is the "almost acoustic" patch from Kontakt 2, the main drum part is a break beat I REX'd and reconstructed with the Drum Rack function of Live, the other percussion is the custom Battery patch I made from my friend Jon's Pearl Export Pro kit. The synth sound came from Virtual String Machine + Dr. Device and the E. Piano is of course Loung Lizard.

Thanks again!

This is right up my alley. Great work. I can see the squarepusher reference that was said but this is more accessibly musical. i love tom's stuff tho.. but yeah his ego has come in to much..
"Any experiment of interest in life will be carried out at your own expense." http://rhythminmind.net - http://signaltonoize.com

Justin, take care of you. Pneumonia needs to be cured seriously.
You can't always get what you waaaant...

Thanks Stanlea, my wife is taking very good care of me, which is good because I take terrible care of myself. I'm taking medicine and the doc says I should be doing better by the end of the week.

Thanks for listening vieris!

Return to “Music Cafe”