So, a few months after the release.. How is Gladiator?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don't see any talking here about Tone2's Gladiator, and I remember there was a lot of hype around it before the release.
Is it good like the beauty of it's interface? :D

I disagree - For many users, it's UI is too big to the point that there are controls that can't be accessed!
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

yony.z wrote:I don't see any talking here about Tone2's Gladiator, and I remember there was a lot of hype around it before the release.
I'm liking it :D and no problems with the interface here.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

ATS wrote:
yony.z wrote:I don't see any talking here about Tone2's Gladiator, and I remember there was a lot of hype around it before the release.
I'm liking it :D and no problems with the interface here.
Agree. I really like it, has a unique sound and fits well in a mix.

the GUI, while admittedly large, is almost exactly 1024X768, so I don't understand why anyone with a modern computer would have an issue with it. It just barely fits on the Receptor Remote GUI (which is also 1024X768).

I tried the demo, and wasn't particularly taken with it - although to be honest I only really briefly flicked through the presets. I seem to remember something about it annoyed me and I trashed it farily quickly, but I can't remember what it was now.

But in the twenty minutes or so I spent flicking through sounds and playing it, nothing really jumped out at me to suggest I was missing out on anything if I didn't have it, and as I already have plenty of great synths... into the trash it went...

ymmv

I didn't much like the demo. Not exactly easy to program (not that it was overwhelming or anything, but it wasn't really intuitive at all), and none of the presets really impressed me.

I like Gladiator. For me it has very good pad sounds. :-)

Gladiator is a very versatile synth, but it needs some time to get into it. After having made about 150 presets (some of them are in the official soundbank) i can say, it is one of the best softsynths available now.

m
"It dreamed itself along"

I've tried the demo and what I really like of Gladiator is... the reverb!!
(also a hit patch)

I've tried the demo a couple of times. It's a fine synth, up there with the best VSTi. Maybe some day I'll be able to afford it. :(

taijiguy wrote:I've tried the demo a couple of times. It's a fine synth, up there with the best VSTi. Maybe some day I'll be able to afford it. :(
Mind you, I do like it. Really a work of art. But I feel it is a bit on the pricey side and rather miffed that there is no upgrade path.
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

At the risk of being accused of splitting hairs: not all sounds ever saved are "presets":
mellotronaut wrote:After having made about 150 presets...
You mean "sounds" or whatever
(some of them are in the official soundbank)...
Those are the ones you can call "presets".

BTW: The most cringeworthy mistake in tech-speak I know is:
"So surf in and log on to CNN.com backslash tech NOW!"
Three mistakes in one short sentence! I hope whoever wrote it was fired on the spot :x

Howard wrote:At the risk of being accused of splitting hairs: not all sounds ever saved are "presets":
mellotronaut wrote:After having made about 150 presets...
You mean "sounds" or whatever
(some of them are in the official soundbank)...
Those are the ones you can call "presets".

BTW: The most cringeworthy mistake in tech-speak I know is:
"So surf in and log on to CNN.com backslash tech NOW!"
Three mistakes in one short sentence! I hope whoever wrote it was fired on the spot :x
it's alright, Howie Zowie ... i forgive you (people here would say: 'cabeza cuadrada'), because i like your presets and patches a lot :hihi: !

translation: i did a lot of patches, some of them are presets, some postwaits, some friendwaits and i like tomwaits.

cheers

mellopostnatalpre-set to patch a word into it :lol:
"It dreamed itself along"

I think it's unique stunning. Certainly has a very high potential-new-sounds to knobs ratio.

mellotronaut wrote:Gladiator is a very versatile synth, but it needs some time to get into it. After having made about 150 presets (some of them are in the official soundbank) i can say, it is one of the best softsynths available now.

m

+1

I totally agree. Beeing in the same situation, with patches/factory presets/sounds/whatever you want to name them.

Gladiator is really a versatile unit and there is still be some room left for a lot of different instruments to build,

including ours :wink:

About wich you can find some details here where you have direct links to 10 audios demos wich, hopefully, will allow you to discover unexpected sides and possibilities of Gladiator.

LtZ
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Return to “Instruments”