RELATED
PRODUCTS

[ edit ] update to version 0.4

CombOver VST v0.4 with midi pitch support - see manaul

Download it for free.

Peruse the brief manual.

Enjoy by far the least half-assed plugin I've made,

and thank the people that bought enough de la Mancha pluggies

that I could buy some CK module goodness to use in SE.

:shock:
  • CombOver VST v0.1 is a pitch-detection-modulated set of 5 comb filters with a sound reminiscent of my old Narcissus + Echo and Dirty Sanchez fx, but actually controllable!

CombOver VST is an FSU effect based on Comb Filters. Unlike a normal comb filter effect CombOver is trying too hard to cover up the naked pate of boring audio. Unlike those old FSU fx this one is understandable, programmable and doesn't explode with feedback. But similarly otherworldly, wet or electric, exploding or glitchy and twitching sounds are possible with CombOver.

CombOver features delay times controlled by pitch detection and harmonic overtone series slider bank modulated by a step sequencer, a vector mixing X/Y pad top select amongst the delay times of four different harmonic-modulated delay times and a harmonic mix control to blend in harmonics with the root pitch-controlled comb filter. There are five comb filters in all.

a demo song can be found over here in the Music Cafe
Last edited by runagate on Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:18 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Sounds awesome :love:

Thanks runny :tu:

son of a bitch

Coolage.. Can I trigger the steps via midi note on?

Sorry can't read green today.. Seen too much of it and my eyes have become desensitized.
stay juicy!

Optomadic wrote:Coolage.. Can I trigger the steps via midi note on?

Sorry can't read green today.. Seen too much of it and my eyes have become desensitized.
No, but weirdly adding mmidi to control voltage and converting it to what the comb filters expect to receive is both negligible and something i know how to do. I will send it to you next time I'm on the net.

@gigawatt: sike!

@PTV: I'm am honored to return the favor of sending weird fx your way for once :)

runagate wrote: sike!
:lol:

Still a really good plugin!
stay juicy!

thx Runagate

glad to see my "Runagate" vst folder getting more crowded ;)

Peace
Dubadelica - Electronic music since 1996 http://www.dubadelica.com/about.php
Radio Rebelde - Modern roots reggae with an electronic twist https://radiorebeldereggae.bandcamp.com/

tkx for the plug, looking forwards to use it.
the fantastic oli larkin comb stuff sounds a bit better but this is very kewl indeed :love:

amiga909 wrote:tkx for the plug, looking forwards to use it.
the fantastic oli larkin comb stuff sounds a bit better but this is very kewl indeed :love:
Indeed. I used Oli's free ones forever, and his payware bundle is probably the most expensive one I've bought. I just posted that he released an upsdate, too. His freebies are more "clinical" in their sound, more comby, whereas his payware ones are just sheer comb filtering genius. Apallingly deep, really, those plugs. The closest to a quiblle about them I can come up with is that they don't spaz out like this one I just made, so I made it, and now I'm happy :) CombOver is a terrible plug-in to use for traditional comb filtering.

I just got an email from de la Mancha who mentions that the .se1 I sent him has some very important cables not even plugged in... I might have to update the VST .dll download for ya'll, won't be sure til I get home.

Heh, Just noticed that you're officially listed in the database here.
BIG TIME!!!

pattonfreak1 wrote:Heh, Just noticed that you're officially listed in the database here.
BIG TIME!!!
That'd be great had I uploaded the correct version!

Since I can't access my website at the moment to upload it, here is a combination download of the first version and the corrected version:

CombOver VST v01 & v03 combined for compatibilities sake.

So another in a long line of "versions" that often look the same but sound dramatically different.

Do not fret: the dlMized version will be coming along someday 8)

i had my eye on a commercial comb filter with midi notes controlling the delay time. pitch detection is a great idea. the filter's pitch follows changes in the notes' pitch and built in arpeggiators. midi control will make this the sweetest comb filter ever! and it's free!

thanx runny
"Most people who experiment with drugs are not lying in the streets, suffocating on their own vomit. If you want to see some of that, go to the Pub on Saturday night at closing time." ozwest

Wait, android...

There's no reason you can't use an audio-to-midi + Oli Larkin's 2 combs.
I've done it forever. Even easier in Usine, no need to use spotty midi...

Then again aside from sounding incredible the best thing about Oli's is polyphonic midi input, which I guess won't work with audio-to-midi anyways.

To be honest the reason there's a v0.1 and a v0.3 is that v0.2 was the one that'd have midi support, but I'm holding off til I consult with de la Mancha on future plans before I go making an insane proliferatiopn of versions. And I cannot get my website to update. At all. It just sends an error message. And I don't have enough time on the net between using a public cafe PC and work to be messing around with figuring it out :(

I'm glad you like it; I certainly do.

Some good stuff here, I've been jamming with it on a guitar, not totally comfortable with it but it's something that I've never used before.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

Return to “Effects”