FEATURE REQUEST list - what do you want from energyXT2 ?

Official support for: energy-xt.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

After trying the latest OSX beta... a few things:

1. The drum clips need to be enlarged/expanded like a regular midi clip when dbl. clicking. Kind of hard to work with them when you have the sequencer window condensed to show a long arrangement/song.

2. Would be nice if you could click on a pad, with the default drum kit, and change the sample with a right click or something? Instead of having to add a new sample and delete the default?

3. When stretching an audio clip, if I want to cut that, and keep it at the new tempo... is there a way to do that within XT? The beatslicing function does some weird stuff... Expands the wav file out to 3 times the size and visually glitches out? Maybe an OSX thing. Anyone else seen this?

4. Still have to delete items from the mixer AND the sequencer to get rid of instruments/plugs?

The new beta is WAY much better though than any other version... Really an improvement! Getting much closer to being a great DAW. :)

p.s. anyone got Vanguard working? Mine won't load, and hasn't ever since I started using XT2???

For the record: I like the way ext2 handles putting the loopmarkers. I find it infinitely more intuitive than the way ext1 handled it (which managed to mess up my loop markers all the time even though I knew what was going on, it just didn't connect). Also in all other hosts a single left click placed the position marker. It's kind of like industry default, the kind of behavior you don't change.

I really really like the way it is now. (especially if you compare it to say podium or flstudio)

Kyran wrote:For the record: I like the way ext2 handles putting the loopmarkers. I find it infinitely more intuitive than the way ext1 handled it (which managed to mess up my loop markers all the time even though I knew what was going on, it just didn't connect). Also in all other hosts a single left click placed the position marker. It's kind of like industry default, the kind of behavior you don't change.

I really really like the way it is now. (especially if you compare it to say podium or flstudio)
+1 Me too - I like the way it currently works. Works the way Logic's always worked (well, up to 5.5.1 anyway)

@ Kyran, phraggle: you never edited a long midi part, 3-4 bars each time, did you? I mean, playing the previous 2 bars to see if they glue together OK, and so on. Did you? Try to do it, and then tell us about your zooming in/out experience to catch the bloody loop points that went out of the editor's area. I know it depends on everyone's working system, but eXT2 is unusable for me with this current loop marking system, when I should be working on the notes instead of zooming in/out every 5 seconds :bang: !! The sugestion of Branis is great, because it could make it work for me and for you :tu: .
Eventually something intelligent will appear written here. Watch this space.

@ Kyran, phraggle:
Ja.x is right.
I think we all agree, that the current way of selecting the end and start of the loop should not get lost.
We are all just begging for an additional way of doing so!

Cheers,
Patrik

kirtap910 wrote:@ Kyran, phraggle:
Ja.x is right.
I think we all agree, that the current way of selecting the end and start of the loop should not get lost.
We are all just begging for an additional way of doing so!

Cheers,
Patrik
Oh yeah - fair enough. I wasn't advocating keeping the current method at the expense of the old method. If there's a way to incorporate both, or a hybrid method, then that's fine by me.

Some Sampler request:
1. the ability to audition notes within the zone page menu on the left (vice keyboard). The reason why is that once you start velocity layering wavs you
can't checkout the wave with the onscreen keyboard.

2. Between the edit page and FX page, audition on the keyboard should correspond to the the file indicate under the sound header.

3. Would really like to have the piano roll extended so you are able to see the wav filenames so you know what you are programming (vice just memorizing).

That's it for now!

Some audio-editing basics that are necessary for me:

1.) clip fade-ins, fade-outs and crossfades of different freely customisable shapes (exponential/logarithmic curves of varying degree, s-shaped curves etc).

2.) Pitch shift and pitch bend of an audio clip.

3.) destructively processing an audio clip or a part of it with a VST-plugin.

midi:

4.) Line/parabola etc tools for drawing for example velocity ramps on controller lanes...

Stretch MIDI clips.

soma wrote:Stretch MIDI clips.
+1

More things to automate! The new guitar effect's parameters aren't even assignable to a midi cc!

And I should really look into the automation-recording again, it's confusing. I can record it from an automation-track by wiggling the thing about, but not from an interface. Or at least, not all interfaces, I suppose.

visa tapani wrote:Some audio-editing basics that are necessary for me:

1.) clip fade-ins, fade-outs and crossfades of different freely customisable shapes (exponential/logarithmic curves of varying degree, s-shaped curves etc).
+1 and also setting for default fade in/outs for audio clips and automatic crossfading/transition (I hope this is right term) between two clips. This could be HUGE step up for EnergyXT2.

I apologize in front if it had been mentioned before:

Is the sustain pedal implemented in Sampler/Synth yet.
I didn't find it, when i was trying to program a piano preset in sampler.
Maybe i'm stupid, but if not it would be a necessary feature imo

Allright, after playing around, I've condensed my sampler requests to one statement. The best of shortcircuit 1 and 2 in ext2:)

not to be a dick, but CONSOLE already got me when eXT2 was announced and the features were traveling heavily away from being a modular construction tool to a DAW.

ok i'm a dick, but it's true.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Return to “energyXT”