Dangerous Bear WusikEngine Support

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My name is John Gibson, Owner of Dangerous Bear Underground. We have supported the Wusik format since the fall of 2004, and were one of the first companies to work in the format. Many people in the WusikEngine users' community know and like our work. I have refrained form speaking in the company voice for the past few days about the current controversial changes at Wusik.com. For the record, I have this to say, and this is all:

How William runs his business is nobody's business but his, so users are entitled to express substantive criticisms and seek clarification(which was forthcoming)but it's his choice to make for his company. However, from both a user and a developer perspective, it is the suddenness more than anything else that takes me aback. Because of the quality of the synth, the degree of investment we have in the format, and for the sake of all the great people out there using the engine in its diverse incarnations but especially our users, it is an arrangement that we can and will have to learn to live with. All that said, it's not a model I would choose to run my business, and it's not how I intend to treat the community of users which has built up around this great synth engine now.

Anyway, we do have Prometheus for sale under license, including a free version 5 update, and that will continue:

http://www.kvraudio.com/get/3200.html

http://www.dangerousbear.com/instruments.html

However, to adjust to the new realities, there will be some changes. Here is our new policy regarding Wusik-format products.

1, Prometheus, including Version 5 update, is available now for anyone who likes the engine, but doesn't want to be a Wusik VIP member. It is an inexpensive but premium-quality instrument for people looking for a sample-based synth solution. We originally licensed the WusikEngine because we like working with it and we have a high degree of expertise with it. The idea of Prometheus is to offer our samples and great WusikEngine presets to everybody who wants them, regardless of Wusikstation ownership. That will go on.

2, Prometheus(and any other dBu Powered By WusikEngine instruments) users are guaranteed all bugfixes and updates within Versions 4 and 5, as long we have our deal our deal with William. Anything after V5 is not guaranteed until he guarantees it to us, which he has implicitly promised to do when that time comes.

3, Beginning with the actual release of Version 5, and very possibly sooner, dBu expander sets for Prometheus will have an engine option for an extra $25, but we will not resell the engine alone. The exception to this is something that we will do for users of our older libraries, like Fuel, Ignition and SonicScapes, y'all will be informed about that offer when it's ready. We accept no responsibility for any WusikEngine installations except dBu "Powered by WusikEngine" products.

4, Beginning with the actual release of Version 5, but possibly sooner, we will offer a Prometheus crossgrade for all Wusikstation 2-4 users for a limited time.

I believe that these four measures will serve to do due diligence and keep faith with our users and the Wusik Community. Questions, comments or suggestions? Post here, email or PM me. Thanks

Just to confirm that you can count on future updates, as it was never our plan to stop offering updates to 3rd party developers. It was stated on our initial FAQs.

Resuming: all 3rd party developers will be able to offer all future updates. V5, V6, V7 .. V200 ;-)

Nothing has changed on how we license the engine.

Best Regards, WilliamK

dangerous bear, is there a way to get your Prometheus VST in a soundfont form for use in reason. then you would have a sale from me :)

WilliamK wrote:Just to confirm that you can count on future updates, as it was never our plan to stop offering updates to 3rd party developers. It was stated on our initial FAQs.

Resuming: all 3rd party developers will be able to offer all future updates. V5, V6, V7 .. V200 ;-)

Best Regards, WilliamK
Thanks for confirming that for the folks, William. :)

soundfont version?

chicken muffin wrote:soundfont version?
There is no plan for one, per say, but we might work something out privately for you. If you're interested, PM me.

Bassballjg wrote:
WilliamK wrote:Just to confirm that you can count on future updates, as it was never our plan to stop offering updates to 3rd party developers. It was stated on our initial FAQs.

Best Regards, WilliamK
And, WilliamK and I sorted our problems out, too. :) This has to be one of the craziest weeks at kvr ever. And, I was a big part of why - and, that wasn't good. :( But now, we're back to where we were. :D If I have anything to do with it, we are going to stay that way!

LarryAW wrote:
Bassballjg wrote:

Best Regards, WilliamK
And, WilliamK and I sorted our problems out, too. :) This has to be one of the craziest weeks at kvr ever. And, I was a big part of why - and, that wasn't good. :( But now, we're back to where we were. :D If I have anything to do with it, we are going to stay that way!
You're a very respectable man Larry.

Return to “Instruments”