Extra Boy Pro main page won't show up in Audacity

RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have a song that I'm trying to use to make a slideshow, and I would like to remove various instruments and such from the arrangement. I looked all over the internet and finally found Extra Boy Pro, which seems to do that. I got the demo version (I don't have $30 to spend on a slideshow), and plugged it in to Audacity. The problem is, I can't get the Extra Boy main page to show up. It's listed under the Effects menu in Audacity, but when you click on it you just get a bunch of sliders in a window with nothing else. I tried actually opening EBP with Audacity, but you just get this weird static audio track. Does anybody know how to get the main page to show up?

Warning:
I am not very good at understanding computer terms. I can always ask my sister to interpret, but please use plain English if at all possible.

I don't believe any VST gui's show up in Audacity. Sure would be nice if they did...

SWTrex
"Sometimes I think of Abraham...
How one star he saw had been lit for me"

Are you sure? I looked on AudacityTeam.org annd someone suggested Extra Boy (not Pro) for removing vocals with Audacity.

Knutt wrote:Are you sure? I looked on AudacityTeam.org annd someone suggested Extra Boy (not Pro) for removing vocals with Audacity.

My point was that any VST loaded in Audacity will only show a very generic interface and not it's graphic interface seen in a normal VST host. This implies nothing about the functionality of Extra Boy or any other VST used in Audacity.
"Sometimes I think of Abraham...
How one star he saw had been lit for me"

SWTrex wrote:
Knutt wrote:Are you sure? I looked on AudacityTeam.org annd someone suggested Extra Boy (not Pro) for removing vocals with Audacity.

My point was that any VST loaded in Audacity will only show a very generic interface and not it's graphic interface seen in a normal VST host. This implies nothing about the functionality of Extra Boy or any other VST used in Audacity.
Ooohh. Okay, I get it.

Don't bother with Audacity. It doesn't support VST very well. I suggest you download and install Reaper. This works fine with Extra Boy Pro.

Also, there are two free host applications Elevayta Player Boy and Elevayta Wamp Boy. Everything you need is already there.

Wavosaur is not a good choice - it is not stable.

No problem for mewith wavosaur, it is stable with my 2 computers/soundcards.

Whale wrote:
No problem for mewith wavosaur, it is stable with my 2 computers/soundcards.
Try it with Extra Boy Pro. It croaks. So, I suggest to use all the other hosts that work fine rather than the other one that doesn't.

And why don't you contact the wavosaur devs ? you already did that for Reaper : http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=2842

Try it with Extra Boy Pro. It croaks. So, I suggest to use all the other hosts that work fine rather than the other one that doesn't.
I prefer to say Extra Boy Pro seems to be unstable... I tried 100-120 VST effects with Wavosaur without any problem.

dimitrievski wrote:And why don't you contact the devs ? you already did that for Reaper : http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=2842
This is the first time I hear of Wavosaur. I immediately tried it with Extra Boy Pro and it croaked. I provide and recommend alternatives that I already know work (and have already invested effort in). One of which is Reaper. Not to mention my own host applications.

So, I could have sat back and just let the guy who asked this question waste his time - but I tested it instead.

There are so many basic VST bugs reported in the Wavosaur forum that it is obviously not yet a mature host application. When it has such simple VST bugs as not being able to auto resize the plug-in window, then it is pointless to talk about any specific plug-in working or not.

Whale wrote:
I prefer to say Extra Boy Pro seems to be unstable... I tried 100-120 VST effects with Wavosaur without any problem.
and did you try Extra Boy Pro?

Maybe it works fine on your PC.

No I don't have 29.95$ for that, and we have to answer a form to download a demo.

Space Boy wrote: There are so many basic VST bugs reported in the Wavosaur forum that it is obviously not yet a mature host application. When it has such simple VST bugs as not being able to auto resize the plug-in window, then it is pointless to talk about any specific plug-in working or not.
I still think it would be more constructive to contact the devs about this problem instead of talking shit @ KVR.

Return to “Elevayta”