Fragments - learning to talk/learning to sing

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

2 tracks so far from what will be a longer composition called Fragments.

Learning to Talk

learning to Sing

Each made using Virsyn Poseidon - each using a single instrument and preset and recorded in one take (my usual discipline). No effects or mastering. Using presets from my recently released bank (Bubble Voice 2 and Plucked Party). Each is based solely on a heavily manipulated resynthesised voice sample - no other instruments.

Style is sort of Berio meets Robert Wyatt and Henry Cow

My aim here is to explore the depths of each sound/instrument rather than construct music from lots of elements.

Creative and intriguing. But I guess the Poseidon is not quite my sound. Though it sounds a lot better than CA5000, which I entirely don't get along with.

Victor.

I'm not having a go or anything, But:

Why do you feel you have to give yourself such strict rules when you can actually do anything you want?

Do you see it as some sort of personal challenge?

People don't even know that that's what your goal was unless you explain your song before we hear it

... I'm really not having a go, I'm just interested that's all, I take full advantage of computers and I'm a trained singer who's been playing drums, keys and guitar since I was a child

Oh sorry! You are showing off your presets! I thought they were crappy songs ha ha.... F**k I'm an idiot ha ha!!!

awesome-force wrote:I'm not having a go or anything, But:

Why do you feel you have to give yourself such strict rules when you can actually do anything you want?

Do you see it as some sort of personal challenge?
If I can do what I want then I can set myself limits - it helps the creative process.

awesome-force wrote:Oh sorry! You are showing off your presets! I thought they were crappy songs ha ha.... F**k I'm an idiot ha ha!!!
No not really - I made the patches so I could use them to make the music I wanted to make. And they're not exactly "songs" anyway.

Any more comments?

Return to “Music Cafe”