First track, Industrial, much improved.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Did alot more work on this and I am 100% happier with it. So i think worth another chance. :)

I guess its "industrial" for whatever that means w/ a lot of glitching/mangling.

--
the track is called 'follower' - 2:50, 6.6 mb 320kb

follower.mp3
http://virb.com/sunfall
--

your comments and suggestions are appreciated.

this is basically a short loop that was destroyed with distortion, cut up into pieces, and then let ableton live's follow actions have a go at it.
Last edited by dan_s on Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:23 am, edited 4 times in total.
'The science of rich men does not elevate all mankind, but only themselves.'
sound cloud

Sounds like early NIN, certainly there's nothing glitchy about it.
The bass is a tad loud. The inttro is pretty sweet.

well unfortunately, i never heard NIN, and more importantly, the mix is ass backwords, the midrange sound is killing it and not suppose to be an attraction.

thanks for comments, i will work on mixing the levels.

i think i like this better.

http://www.4shared.com/file/58457120/d7 ... lower.html

6.6mb 320kb 2;50

i dont know what glitch is, i dont listen to it, i would say this is it to me.
sound cloud

Dig this. This really does have an industrial feel to it. The big, rockish drum machine snare seems a little awkward in the scheme of sounds you have chosen here, but the sound design throughout this track is really nice. The breakdown towards the end is especially interesting. Nice work.

@ run and jazzy; i really enjoy both of your works and appreciate your comments and definately take them into consideration.

i rarely get to this point in music making, so the challenge is in putting it all together and balancing the levels. i think it is sounding better.
sound cloud

I did a lot more to improve the quality/clarity. Hopefully it worked.
sound cloud

I dig the track man. It could be my personal monitors + subwoofer, but I was having a bit of a hard time hearing the bass notes about halfway through the track. Other than that, I like your sound design choices, and the glitchy sequences + drums.

I know people hate when their tunes are compared to others, but early Skinny Puppy comes to mind, which I totally love! :D

Cheers!

projektio

Very cool stuff sir.
sounds great.

I'd like to hear distorted guitars on this, or maybe I should say...I want to play distorted guitars on this.

If you're up for a collaboration I'd love to work with you.
⬆ Jon from The REAPER Blog

thanks, i do like skinny puppy so i dont mind that comparison :]

i was thinking guitars too, i tried to use my slayer2 but i could never get something to fit properly. the synth line should be a distorted guitar, i just couldnt do it.

maybe i can upload the stems and you can have your way with it.

when i get some freetime :shock: i will do that.
sound cloud

I'd say that there are some glitch elements in there. You have to remember that glitch covers a broad range of music; you have that whole circuit bending nonsense, and arbitrary (pretentious) sounds (I'll apologise in advance to any fans of circuit bending), but you also have bands like MuM, who use glitch to create interesting percussion.

Anyway, i'm useless and new at the whole recording/mastering thing, so i won't say anything about that, because i have no clue.
But, i do think that it could do with a melody to bring it together; it currently sounds like a backing track, a particularly good backing track that aches for a melody. You should consider taking the guitarist up on his offer.

Return to “Music Cafe”