cmplay no sound!

Official support for: muon-software.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

dont know what im doing wrong but im not getting cmplay to give me any sound through logic... i just copied the folder containing all the samples, multis etc from the computer music dvd onto an external drive, and cmplay recognizes the paths - ie it says ive loaded the patches and i can click the patch load icon and it says "disk" and "memory" - i checked here and found the thread where the guy had to change his midi keyboard channels output, so i tried that too, but nothing! help!!

In your Browser Menu (under the disk section) you should see all of the patches you copied. If you select one, it'll be loaded into the currently highlighted slot.

If you don't see any patches in the Browser Menu, check in the Options screen to make sure that CMplay is scanning the folder on your external drive - if not, click "add path" and navigate to the folder. After rescanning, you should see all the patches and be able to load them from the browser.

Note that there is a seperate browser for Multi patches. Refer to your manual for more information.

Hope this helps
Dave
Muon Software Ltd
www.muon-software.com

i guess i didnt make my original post clear enough :)

ive done all that and everything shows up fine. i can get cmplay to load multis and patches from the slots at the top ("load/save bank, load/save multi, load/save patch") and i can click the icon and load patches/multis/ whatever you want to call them into the individual slots underneath that, however i just cant get it to give me sound no matter whats loaded - no triggering from my midi keyboard and no notes sound if i draw them in then hit play. im a bit confused :) im not a computer genius, however im no noob either - i know that what im doing should be working and ive tried everything i can think of so far including everything DAW related that could be going wrong but its definitely not logic's fault... hopefully this will get resolved soon coz i really want to have a play with this thing :)

Are you by any chance using an old version of Logic on Windows?

Regards
Dave

yeah... is that a problem?

Yes, unfortunately it is. CMplay won't necessarily work in hosts that predate the VST2.3 or VST2.4 standard.

Regards
Dave

Return to “Muon Software”